Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Scrim / quality seems low now

Guest boarcity

Guest boarcity

have any of you guys bought scrim recently? if so ,what was it like compared to previous buys?

i bought some recently [unger grade A] and it is no good-even after breaking it in ,its as if its a feather duster,it simply doesnt absorb water very well. its more of a golden colour than what iv bought before which was also Unger grade A ,that was more greyish coloured

if you have bought very good scrim recently,where did you get it from?

Guest boarcity
I have noticed over the last year the quality has gone down but the latest batch I bought last month seem to be back to original quality.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

where did you buy this ?

Changing the subject a bit boar..I got my lite ladders today.

How do you put em on your roof bars without the 3rd section? ?

My clamps don't fit the width of the ladders without it..that's screw ones and rhino

Guest boarcity
Changing the subject a bit boar..I got my lite ladders today.

How do you put em on your roof bars without the 3rd section? ?

My clamps don't fit the width of the ladders without it..that's screw ones and rhino

i always have all 3 sections on . the biggest section tied on first -that section is used as a slide for the top 2, if that makes sense .

explain more what you mean about clamps not fitting on ??

yeh boar i bought some pre washed scrim and it was....rubbish...but great bone dry...

i originally was very lucky to get a huge roll of scrim off ebay....great stuff so havent bought for years...and now ..poor scrim has been put down to cill cloths...ahhh but microfibre is great stuff...

Guest boarcity
The clamps aren't wide enough to reach both sides of the ladder

so is it that you are wanting to put on just the two wider sections of ladder only? [ leaving the narrow section at home?]

cant see the reasoning behind that

Guest boarcity
Want to use 2 sections and keep the 3rd on the roof for bigger jobs..3 section 12 rung is a tad heavy to carry round all day

i still cant picture what the problem is . maybe you can put up a few photos? heres how i have my 3 ladders , the triple is on the right Photo-0025.jpg.f0d6e17707060d4d8c251fcc9633b4eb.jpg

Want to use 2 sections and keep the 3rd on the roof for bigger jobs..3 section 12 rung is a tad heavy to carry round all day

Buy a set of doubles. I have 2x 20ft ladders & 1x 30ft on all the vans. The 30ft ladders to weigh a bit but you get used to them.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.