Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Easiest way to clean an oven tray ever

Guest sdrah

today I had an idea - why shall I spend hours manually scrubbing the oven if there is a much quicker way to do that - no chemicals at all and the "kit" costs under £20 haha

c7VunB9.jpg?1

xW427gx.jpg?1

the other side of the tray was horrible - it could ve taken me few hours to clean it the way I used to clean - and definitely it wont look like this anyway : )

It took me a good 15 min to clean the tray - but really happy with results

Happy cleaning

I think it didn't remove any coating - and will try to change brushes if the brass a softer however it might not sound professionally but I don't really care if it will remove a bit of non stick coat for end of tenancy is just perfect : P

I reckon it will take me 1 hr to clean an oven not over 2 like before - oven was my biggest pain ...

I didn't realized that ive got brass brushes lol - firstly I was gonna get one in B&Q that was over £9 and then I ve checked screw fix and they have set of 3 brushes for 3 quid so got them : )

Don't oven cleaners use dip tanks for stuff like that?

yes they do but that's not on my "to buy" list - also need space in my van and new insurance cover etc - so for maximum 2-3 ovens a month a drill and brush will be just fine

a 3 bedroom house to be professionally cleaned it will take most of the day for two people - so how on earth they can do it for 135 quid ??? they definitely dont work for minimum wage .... fuel chemicals machinery insurance tax - something is not right here ...

not really - I stopped doing spring cleans cos of companies like this £135 3 bed house all inclusive

http://www.gumtree.com/p/business-services/end-of-tenancy-cleaning-carpet-cleaning-short-notice-24-7-from-only-48/1012983550

Seems to be the way with these muppets devaluing the trades. Theres painter/decorators on gumtree offering to paint a whole medium sized room for £50! I take about 2-2.5 days to do a standard room. I can only imagine how rough the work is, no prep, 1 coat everything. Its not even worth it then, but they are springing up all the time.

today I had an idea - why shall I spend hours manually scrubbing the oven if there is a much quicker way to do that - no chemicals at all and the "kit" costs under £20 haha

c7VunB9.jpg?1

xW427gx.jpg?1

the other side of the tray was horrible - it could ve taken me few hours to clean it the way I used to clean - and definitely it wont look like this anyway : )

It took me a good 15 min to clean the tray - but really happy with results

Happy cleaning

Damn I spent hours cleaning our oven the other day, why didn't I think of this. Although not sure it would be that easy to get the panels out of ours.

• 1 year later...

I have a good mate that does extremely well with his oven cleaning business, I will try and get him to join up now were covering 'other' cleaning areas.

Hopefully he can add some of his experience to this section of the forum to help others that may be interested in adding oven cleaning to their list of services.

We do a good bit of end of tenancy, the first task is always the oven, we buy 'kits' from Poundland of all places, has bags and chemicals inside, you open bag insert chemicals and trays / racks and then once all the other tasks are done in the place you rinse and dry them, done, and all for £1

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.