Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Easiest way to clean an oven tray ever

S

sdrah

today I had an idea - why shall I spend hours manually scrubbing the oven if there is a much quicker way to do that - no chemicals at all and the "kit" costs under £20 haha

c7VunB9.jpg

xW427gx.jpg

the other side of the tray was horrible - it could ve taken me few hours to clean it the way I used to clean - and definitely it wont look like this anyway : )

It took me a good 15 min to clean the tray - but really happy with results

Happy cleaning

I know the brass brushes are a bit softer, but are you sure that didn't remove any of the non stick coating? If not then its a great idea.

I think it didn't remove any coating - and will try to change brushes if the brass a softer however it might not sound professionally but I don't really care if it will remove a bit of non stick coat for end of tenancy is just perfect : P

I reckon it will take me 1 hr to clean an oven not over 2 like before - oven was my biggest pain ...

I didn't realized that ive got brass brushes lol - firstly I was gonna get one in B&Q that was over £9 and then I ve checked screw fix and they have set of 3 brushes for 3 quid so got them : )

ive seen a couple of oven cleaners at work [ipswich] with their dip tanks outside the house and van piled high with rolls of kitchen paper roll.

Don't oven cleaners use dip tanks for stuff like that?

yes they do but that's not on my "to buy" list - also need space in my van and new insurance cover etc - so for maximum 2-3 ovens a month a drill and brush will be just fine

how long does it take to dismantle all oven panels / sides ? about 15 - 20 min probably and to put it back same so around 35 min

I have no idea but cooker cleaning sounds a right pain in the **** to me

how long does it take to dismantle all oven panels / sides ? about 15 - 20 min probably and to put it back same so around 35 min

a 3 bedroom house to be professionally cleaned it will take most of the day for two people - so how on earth they can do it for 135 quid ??? they definitely dont work for minimum wage .... fuel chemicals machinery insurance tax - something is not right here ...

not really - I stopped doing spring cleans cos of companies like this £135 3 bed house all inclusivehttp://www.gumtree.com/p/business-services/end-of-tenancy-cleaning-carpet-cleaning-short-notice-24-7-from-only-48/1012983550
Seems to be the way with these muppets devaluing the trades. Theres painter/decorators on gumtree offering to paint a whole medium sized room for £50! I take about 2-2.5 days to do a standard room. I can only imagine how rough the work is, no prep, 1 coat everything. Its not even worth it then, but they are springing up all the time.

I cleaned a 2bed flat yesterday for £190 - I should ve subcontracted the job to these guys £90 for doing nothing lol

Ill give them a call next time

today I had an idea - why shall I spend hours manually scrubbing the oven if there is a much quicker way to do that - no chemicals at all and the "kit" costs under £20 haha
c7VunB9.jpg

xW427gx.jpg

the other side of the tray was horrible - it could ve taken me few hours to clean it the way I used to clean - and definitely it wont look like this anyway : )

It took me a good 15 min to clean the tray - but really happy with results

Happy cleaning
Damn I spent hours cleaning our oven the other day, why didn't I think of this. Although not sure it would be that easy to get the panels out of ours.

I have a good mate that does extremely well with his oven cleaning business, I will try and get him to join up now were covering 'other' cleaning areas.

Hopefully he can add some of his experience to this section of the forum to help others that may be interested in adding oven cleaning to their list of services.

We do a good bit of end of tenancy, the first task is always the oven, we buy 'kits' from Poundland of all places, has bags and chemicals inside, you open bag insert chemicals and trays / racks and then once all the other tasks are done in the place you rinse and dry them, done, and all for £1

From what I hear those bag things are bad for ovens and the rackings, not been a oven cleaner expert I aint going to comment loads on it, but if my mate joins up I'm sure he will mention the reasons.

I have used them myself and found it was a right pain in the ass, I think oven cleaning is a bit like windows, plenty do them thereselves but pplenty like to get a man/women in to do them.

Latest Posts

Back