Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

He's coming home!

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Many of you may know that my son (well step son) but brought him up since he was three. Was sent to Birmingham to a unit (he has Autism) well finally after two whole years of fighting he is coming back to Cornwall! A provider we asked to support him in the first place has now be chosen by our useless council and social servies. This might mean nothing to you but you can find out more here if you're a facebooker https://facebook.com/groups/422366214471813?ref=bookmark

great news gav...they do seem to like lots of meetings these people...lots of talk....but you got there in the end....same with me and the daughter sat on the end of the settee at the mo...took three years before they decided to do what they should have done in the first place..no funding apparently...hmmm

Always no funding! Well now its costing them twice as much as it would if they had listened in the first place. Thanks all, going to be a long way to getting him near how he used to be. A lot of damage done. But going to be amazing to have near us again. To see him more etc can't wait.

Councils are bloody useless at this stuff..

Son has aspergers and taken 2 years to get a statement

Nice one gav

Yeah and since when are social workers actually social workers!? They are just a middle man between parents and the purse strings, edging towards the purse strings or goodbye and no job.

Yeah and since when are social workers actually social workers!? They are just a middle man between parents and the purse strings, edging towards the purse strings or goodbye and no job.
Exactly, nail on the head there @Tuffers

Well done Gav:) One of my customers kids have autism and the wee guy came out one time and used the applicator on the windows, then threw it away:rofl:. Take care. My wife and I have finaly got the adoption through for my nephew, we have had him from a day old and now he is 2 years old, he has cerebral palsy(seems to be mild). social work overall was good, but just took forever to get to the big day, which funnily enough was the 4th of July(Independance day)

Back