Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder damage

Smurf

This is one good reason why I don't rest ladders on fascias anymore.

View attachment 2847

Apparently was caused by a window fitter. He was very lucky not to get badly injured when the fascia gave way.

How are the rest of you doing using the ankalad & microlite standoff set up?

View attachment 2848

Myself I defo would not want to use anything else now when doing roofline work by ladders

My mobile isn't getting the pic/vid at the moment but I can imagine. Love the microlite, I couldn't be without it now. And the ankalad gets good comments everytime I pull it out.

Got the pic now. Looks to me like he had the tip of his ladder on the edge of the facia which ain't really the best place for it even on healthy wood, it's only pine afterall.

My ankalad has a clip on bar that goes between the 2 big struts to keep them at the right angle..can't see that on any pics of one..is it a new addition?

My ankalad has a clip on bar that goes between the 2 big struts to keep them at the right angle..can't see that on any pics of one..is it a new addition?
I'd like to see a pic of that if you can mate? I think there s a new version of it out now as I have seen some grey ones instead of the poncy blue that me and smurf have.

I take it you mean the thin bit of ali with two plasctic clips at each end?

crackin pic smurfy...safe as houses.../emoticons/biggrin.png

one reason why i dont like new jobs as i have to figure out what is safe and where to put my ladder...

What's it do??

Just stop the legs moving sideways?

As them clips wont actually support anything

It's just to keep the legs set apart really but can't see it doing much at all.

What's it do??Just stop the legs moving sideways?

As them clips wont actually support anything

Ta smurf

Watch this..nutters

Lee Burbidge's Crazy World Of Window Cleaning: [media]

[/media]

Smurf I was about to get a ankalad ladder stabiliser when I read your ladders need to be 3m or longer when closed, is this true as I only have 3 rung combination ladders and they are not 3 metres closed. Also can someone link me to a good set of ladders for doing gutters please.

Mine are from ladderstore. .lyte trade 8.46 metre 12 rung

150 quid

Hasn't got the wider bar with the feet on to stabilise it but that gets in the way in narrow gaps anyway

Very stable with ankalad on

The height of the ankalad folded up is 2200 mm which is 2.2 metre..about 9 rungs is enough

And lean a bit to one side too I guess :laugh:

good cause its not even my ladder ...its from next door...i only need it for two windows ...still...i do hold my breath:whistle:

Back