Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Silly question time!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smurf

• camcap

• andy w

• J D

Top Posters In This Topic

er..wow..immersion heater elements are really high wattage...lot of current...really high power....i dont know off hand but i bet sprucey does a plug is a bit dodgy at 13amp rating..its like a big kettle element...and yes you would need a thermostat or else it would just boil....even hissing sid aint that hot...:eek:

Id reckon your very correct cheapncheerful! If someone with knowledge in this dept could give me more detail and some links to what i need to purchase then that would be appreciated.

I was looking at getting one last winter, but didn't bother as it was a mild one.

Means we're probably due a cold one?

We always get at least one bad month every winter just which kind of bad...

What about one of these! 500w titanium heaters I use them fully submerged in my salted reef tank they keep the water at a constant temperature and they are safe and strong,

Lol was just gonna say mate I've got two 200w heaters in my 400lt marine tank and they keep that warm no problems so you could alway use two 300w ones also a power head to keep water movemt to help stop any surface freezing

I cannot see why they would not work, I might try it when it gets frosty, just drop them in at night and remove them in the morning to save them getting bashed about with my driving! How long you had your tank camcap and what's in it?

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.