Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly question time!

J D

I want to add an immersion heater to my tank and wondered how I attached the element to an electric lead? Any explanation or links ?

er..wow..immersion heater elements are really high wattage...lot of current...really high power....i dont know off hand but i bet sprucey does a plug is a bit dodgy at 13amp rating..its like a big kettle element...and yes you would need a thermostat or else it would just boil....even hissing sid aint that hot...:eek:

Id reckon your very correct cheapncheerful! If someone with knowledge in this dept could give me more detail and some links to what i need to purchase then that would be appreciated.

I was looking at getting one last winter, but didn't bother as it was a mild one.
Means we're probably due a cold one?

We always get at least one bad month every winter just which kind of bad...

Ye after looking a bit more at this I wouldn't wire it up to a plug seems there best to be hard wired in to its own circuit as it would be running to close to its max and end up setting fire

What about one of these! 500w titanium heaters I use them fully submerged in my salted reef tank they keep the water at a constant temperature and they are safe and strong,

What about one of these! 500w titanium heaters I use them fully submerged in my salted reef tank they keep the water at a constant temperature and they are safe and strong,
Lol was just gonna say mate I've got two 200w heaters in my 400lt marine tank and they keep that warm no problems so you could alway use two 300w ones also a power head to keep water movemt to help stop any surface freezing

I cannot see why they would not work, I might try it when it gets frosty, just drop them in at night and remove them in the morning to save them getting bashed about with my driving! How long you had your tank camcap and what's in it?

I'm defo gonna use them this year if it goes cold enough they got thermostat built in will also use power head aswell though for water movement. it's a mixed tank mate mainly coral but we're going to be shutting it down and selling all off as just don't have the time for it, it will be sadly missed though

Back