Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

External house clean

J D

I done an external house clean today, along with a gutter vacuum and a gratis window clean. It took me a shorter time than I thought to complete at just 2.5hrs for £200! Im glad the couple left in the car while I was finishing up as it does look bad ! I sprayed on the chloride via my xjet and will leave the wind and rain to rinse it clean. The thing is when you clean an external pebble dash house with bleach it often looks worse than when you started. Therefore I left a note to explain to the customer that it will clean up after each rainfall!

Rather than leave a note could you not have explained to the customer beforehand instead?

I just taken two enquires and priced them up from looking on google maps

To check & clear gutters & downspouts then to clean all plastics.

Detached 4 sider for £280 (full width conservatory on the back in the way not included)

Detached 2 sider for £190

They will take me a lot longer than 2.5 hours to do each one so this wall cleaning marlarky seems more profitable to get into for sure. So many newish properties have filthy k-render now so I must seriously look into offering this service. Means more investment though to get the right kit for the job. Not sure if hypo is the best chem to use. :rolleyes:

I googled quats and got this...not sure how it will clean render

Quaternary ammonium salts are used asdisinfectants, surfactants, fabric softeners, and as antistatic agents (e.g. in shampoos). In liquid fabric softeners, the chloride salts are often used. In dryer anticling strips, thesulfate salts are often used. Spermicidal jellies also contain quaternary ammonium salts.

A bit off topic, but as I drove up the drive to do a S/F/G today, I took out the blokes electric cable running from his house over to his shed and bent me ladder clamp in the process /emoticons/biggrin.png

Nice one ...first impressions and all that :rofl:

I bet he thought wtf I've hired frank spencer :laugh:

A bit off topic, but as I drove up the drive to do a S/F/G today, I took out the blokes electric cable running from his house over to his shed and bent me ladder clamp in the process /emoticons/biggrin.png

I got out my van and scratched my head for a minute as I thought I'd caught a few branches, then I had to knock the door to explain /emoticons/biggrin.png I thought it was going to catapult the van back in the road :rofl: Then I had to tell him he was a fiver short on the bill when I finished. Don't think I'll be invited back there in a hurry :confused:

Not to worry all in a days work frank :rofl:

I got out my van and scratched my head for a minute as I thought I'd caught a few branches, then I had to knock the door to explain /emoticons/biggrin.png I thought it was going to catapult the van back in the road :rofl: Then I had to tell him he was a fiver short on the bill when I finished. Don't think I'll be invited back there in a hurry :confused:

/emoticons/biggrin.png I had to be very careful because he was fixing it as I worked and I nearly had it down again with me ladders :laugh:

I'm laughing out loud thinking about it here /emoticons/biggrin.png

You talking to me ya cheeky get. Well I saw a cat sat on one of those enclosed trampolines the kids have in the garden. I said to the woman 'does he bounce on it too?' No she said. 'If he did, he'd be called Tigger' I said. I think she did a little sex wee as she giggled at my joke :cool:.

Apart from that it was pretty non-eventful tbf :thumbsdown:

Hypo I think what JD uses @mr shine
14-15% sodium hypochlorite diluted 1-1 via xjet maybe?
You know me better than i know myself smurf! :confused:

I should off explained the bleach thingy before i started but i tend to do these things back to front! /emoticons/sad.png

Latest Posts

Back