Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J D

External house clean

J D

I done an external house clean today, along with a gutter vacuum and a gratis window clean. It took me a shorter time than I thought to complete at just 2.5hrs for £200! Im glad the couple left in the car while I was finishing up as it does look bad ! I sprayed on the chloride via my xjet and will leave the wind and rain to rinse it clean. The thing is when you clean an external pebble dash house with bleach it often looks worse than when you started. Therefore I left a note to explain to the customer that it will clean up after each rainfall!

Smurf

I just taken two enquires and priced them up from looking on google maps

To check & clear gutters & downspouts then to clean all plastics.

Detached 4 sider for £280 (full width conservatory on the back in the way not included)

Detached 2 sider for £190

They will take me a lot longer than 2.5 hours to do each one so this wall cleaning marlarky seems more profitable to get into for sure. So many newish properties have filthy k-render now so I must seriously look into offering this service. Means more investment though to get the right kit for the job. Not sure if hypo is the best chem to use. :rolleyes:

Dave B

I googled quats and got this...not sure how it will clean render

Quaternary ammonium salts are used asdisinfectants, surfactants, fabric softeners, and as antistatic agents (e.g. in shampoos). In liquid fabric softeners, the chloride salts are often used. In dryer anticling strips, thesulfate salts are often used. Spermicidal jellies also contain quaternary ammonium salts.

Smurf

I was looking at algoclear pro http://www.renderclean.biz/algoclear-pro-safety-datasheet.shtml

Which contains a type of quats called DIDECYLDIMETHYLAMMONIUM CHLORIDE.

As being sold here http://mistralni.co.uk/products/didecyldimethylammonium-chloride

I've just sent an email to mistrial to ask for the best chem to use to clean k-render and if they new of algoclear pro and if it was just the same chem being rebranded or not.

Smurf

Hmmm...that's interesting....:rolleyes:

Hi,

yes the active ingredient in algoclear is didecyldimethyl ammonium chloride which we sell only as pure chemical for non specific applications.

Mistral Chemicals

http://mistralie.co.uk - Mistral Cleaning Products

http://mistralni.co.uk - Industrial and Lab Chemicals

Tuffers

A bit off topic, but as I drove up the drive to do a S/F/G today, I took out the blokes electric cable running from his house over to his shed and bent me ladder clamp in the process :D

Smurf

Nice one ...first impressions and all that :rofl:

I bet he thought wtf I've hired frank spencer :laugh:

A bit off topic, but as I drove up the drive to do a S/F/G today, I took out the blokes electric cable running from his house over to his shed and bent me ladder clamp in the process :D

Tuffers

I got out my van and scratched my head for a minute as I thought I'd caught a few branches, then I had to knock the door to explain :D I thought it was going to catapult the van back in the road :rofl: Then I had to tell him he was a fiver short on the bill when I finished. Don't think I'll be invited back there in a hurry :confused:

Smurf

Not to worry all in a days work frank :rofl:

I got out my van and scratched my head for a minute as I thought I'd caught a few branches, then I had to knock the door to explain :D I thought it was going to catapult the van back in the road :rofl: Then I had to tell him he was a fiver short on the bill when I finished. Don't think I'll be invited back there in a hurry :confused:

Tuffers

:D I had to be very careful because he was fixing it as I worked and I nearly had it down again with me ladders :laugh:

I'm laughing out loud thinking about it here :D

Tuffers

You could say that :D Mrs keeps giving me the daggers for laughing so much :rofl:

Tuffers

You talking to me ya cheeky get. Well I saw a cat sat on one of those enclosed trampolines the kids have in the garden. I said to the woman 'does he bounce on it too?' No she said. 'If he did, he'd be called Tigger' I said. I think she did a little sex wee as she giggled at my joke :cool:.

Apart from that it was pretty non-eventful tbf :thumbsdown:

J D
Hypo I think what JD uses @mr shine

14-15% sodium hypochlorite diluted 1-1 via xjet maybe?

You know me better than i know myself smurf! :confused:

I should off explained the bleach thingy before i started but i tend to do these things back to front! :(

cheapncheerful

hmmm frank here stared at the outside tap with the male hozelock on it and stared at his wfp with its male hozelock on it and pondered on the mystery of life as to why i didnt have the correct fitting...well i usually use my hosepipe...which of course..frank left at home...

so ...i had to use my ever so precious pure to clean sfg.....but what thicko frank didnt figure out til later was....

you can of course fill the backpack straight from the tap....divvy...

now frank still had some pure left in his backpack but wanted to fill from the tap so he trundled back to his barrels in the car and thought i am going to spill most of the pure putting it back in the barrel...of course thicko frank suddenly realised i could just pump it back into the barrel from the back pack...dohhhhhh

but it all went well in the end...and using tap i could get carried away without worrying about using all my precious pure..so all was not lost at the end as i refilled with pure to do the windows...but what will frank forget tomorrow.....

oh...and....er...slight problem with banana brush...er...he dont like going upside down....he started going bald...hairs falling out everywhere ...dont know why ....but okay the right way up...:D

Smurf

Not to worry....I would imagine trying to clean pebble dash is a real pain in the arse?

You know me better than i know myself smurf! :confused:

I should off explained the bleach thingy before i started but i tend to do these things back to front! :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.