Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds hell

S

SolarPanelCleaning

We moved house on Sunday , got round to testing the water this morning. It's 290!!!!!!!!

8 miles down the road it's in the 70's!!! Different reservoirs then.

Soooooo I need to embrace the world of RO. I know there's probably dozens of threads already but........

Any recommendations? I need 500l a day tops.

Thanks.

Knew I shouldn't have left Wales!

Not good then will all the expense of moving /emoticons/sad.png

My advice it would be better to get the largest most efficient ro you can afford then like a 4040 but it's not cheap.

Had a look, they're about 500 quid, not as much as I thought.

What's wrong with the cheapy ones, for hundred odd quid on eBay? Less efficient and more cost in the long run?

Are there any I should avoid, like the plague.......

Yes all the small ones as take forever to produce pure especially if you are on a water meter that's why I mentioned the 4040 ro

Not on a meter. The cheapy ones are rated at 250 gpd. Is that American gallons in 24 hrs then? This sort of thinghttp://bit.ly/12Gzr4k

Are you going to produce the pure at home into an IBC tank or in your van? At home I would go with at least a 450gpd system & as mentioned 40/40 for a van.

Ideally I'd be able to do both. Thinking of putting an ibc up high in the garden, using gravity to fill any vessels. Guess I'll think about this before buying anything.

Just noticed I've had two replies!

Just noticed I've had two replies!
dont_go_there%255B1%255D.jpg

:whistle:

Would an ro system freeze up if kept running? Normally a trickle is enough to stop freezing pipes. Unless its minus 10, I guess. I've lived in caravans and got in the habit of draining pipes before HARD frost comes. We're due a hard winter.........

You can easily damage a ro, filters housings, wfp pumps etc if they freeze up.

Myself I bring all my kit into the house if the temp drops down low and/or a hard frost is forecast.

Latest Posts

Back