Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ibc storage tank help

Delicate-Design

Hi all just wondering if I buy an ibs 1000 litre tank and have it on the drive and fill it with ro water will it need to be covered to stop the usual algae growth or is there something you guys to to prolong the water inside?

Thanks Chris

The clear plastic ones you can cover or box them in to help stop light getting in. You can also get black ones but tend to be dearer to get hold of.

So ideally the black one would be better mmmmmm I know a place in the next county will see if they can deliver to me.

Any idea what pump I would need to fill a tank in the car from the ibs?

Try to get an ibc with the bigger lid as they do a smaller size lid that you may have to cut the tank to get a standard chepo 240v submersible pump inside it.

You can also get 12v bilge pumps from ebay but I've never tried one so don't know if they are any good or not.

You could paint one to stop uv? I had a blue waterboard tank and still algae grew. Submersible whale pumps are good if you have 12v dc near by. Mine does 12l a minute.

Try to get an ibc with the bigger lid as they do a smaller size lid that you may have to cut the tank to get a standard chepo 240v submersible pump inside it.
Smurf is spot on here. I had a black one and needed to cut a bigger hole to get pump in. My pump was a cheap £20 one from lidl and it never left the water for years and is still going strong! Lidl sell cheap but quality stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back