Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Microfibres

Delicate-Design

I used microfibres before when cleaning and detailing the car and loved them but I found the best way to use them was to have a damp and a dry one.

You guys swear buy them for window detailing but I can't get on with it at all they don't seem to absorb the water but just move it.

Any tips you can give I would appreciate also wet/damp or dry use?

For detailing glass you need to use dry for best results. Most window cleaner microfiber cloths are very large so you use the dry bits of the cloth for detailing the edges.

Depends what ones you use..the thick pile ones are no good for detailing.

You want the ones that are smooth

Glass cleaning ones from wilkos are good and about a pound each

Used it for years then discovered microfibre and I really got on with it

Have 1 metre square ones and only use 1 a day unless it is really wet outside

i always use scrim , but its what im used to .might get 1 or 2 just to try out . polz n blade is on youtube great for giving out tips, top bloke n top wc

His ideas are good

His squeegee mods suit me as I have always squeegeed the way he does as it is how I was taught by my mates dad when I was 16

I tried my new scrim today and was very impressed apart from the fibres it left behind I'm guessing the unger pre washed still need a wash?

I would still wash em..usually on a hot wash but may be ok on normal if pre washed as is obviously soaking up water

Back