Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cant believe the amount of fly and spider poo on the windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mrtaytay

There seems to be more fly and spider poo on the glass this summer than ever before. Also, those yellow blobs which I presume are blobs of bee honey. Even a porcupine sleeve doesnt cut through all the dung. What do people do when they have cleaned a window but can still see a blob of fly poo smeared across the window:

1) Dab it with a wet finger and buff it with a fineweave micro or scrim, risking making a dusty mess on the glass.

2) Re wash and squeegee the glass.

3) ignore it and move onto the next window.

I normally give it a wet finger dab and buff with a fineweave. I only have the one cloth I can do it with though.....its been washed so many times and can be relied upon to leave no dusty mark. All of my other fineweaves leave hints of dustiness.

I know the stuff you mean. If its a regular custy it gets a tough scrub with my finger behind a dry scrim. If there's more then one or two then I re soap the whole window and scrub them with the scrubber part on the end of the applicator.

If its a '1 off' clean then I just move on.

have a quick look and scrub with end of scrubber anything sticking out then mop it

yep great post mrtaytay...i actually was going to do a post on dirty habits you carnt stop doing and the finger one is one of mine...in me mouth....er:eek: so i have a new technique for healths sake...i now wet on the applicator with my finger but...i keep forgetting ...old habits die hard...

yeh them yellow blobs are a real pain...on some custys they are all over and i just soap and scrape but they are a real pain...

the spider poo is a different problem....so far i have scrubbed but it still leaves marks which i have to leave....really bad spiders this year..

knock once....wait...knock again and they jump....or else...you are in for a squashed mess....

the thing is ...if we dont shift em they reweb and it kinda looks bad on us...

knock once.immediately..wait...knock again and they jump....or else...you are in for a squashed mess....
the thing is ...if we dont shift em they reweb and it kinda looks bad on us...
They do jump, but have you noticed they start to climb back up Immediately.

Dont let the RSPCA know about that.
Rolph Harris was doing his stuff right under thier noses on animal rescue and they didn't see a thing, so I should get away with a bit of ecover. /emoticons/biggrin.png

i was thirty foot up and knocked one of the cill and was amazed to see it just floated down...it had attached its new web to my ladder...i just love nature...

ta my homebrew just arrived...cant open yet as it has been shaken a bit...i fed the pigeon and sent it back..

yeh tolish...in my younger days i used to not clean up the soap so much ...and just tell the customers it was to keep the spiders away...

There seems to be more fly and spider poo on the glass this summer than ever before. Also, those yellow blobs which I presume are blobs of bee honey. Even a porcupine sleeve doesnt cut through all the dung. What do people do when they have cleaned a window but can still see a blob of fly poo smeared across the window:1) Dab it with a wet finger and buff it with a fineweave micro or scrim, risking making a dusty mess on the glass.

2) Re wash and squeegee the glass.

3) ignore it and move onto the next window.

I normally give it a wet finger dab and buff with a fineweave. I only have the one cloth I can do it with though.....its been washed so many times and can be relied upon to leave no dusty mark. All of my other fineweaves leave hints of dustiness.
Funnily enough was thinking same thing this week I notice it more on windows that are open allot for some reason, I t bar wash it as normal and then use my scraper and then t bar it again then squeege as normal works a treat.

I touch the mess with the end of my porcupine quick scrape and rub with microfibre. .job done

Back