Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Old paint on upvc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rafawindowcleaning

Hi.have a new custy that has brown paint from painting the house 2 years ago all over.the plastics. Now 2 questions how to best remove it.and how much to qoute its a 3 bed semi detached without any add ons like connies eztensions etc. was thinking about 50 60 quid ? Or shall i go all out and quote more? :)

Hi.have a new custy that has brown paint from painting the house 2 years ago all over.the plastics. Now 2 questions how to best remove it.and how much to qoute its a 3 bed semi detached without any add ons like connies eztensions etc. was thinking about 50 60 quid ? Or shall i go all out and quote more? /emoticons/smile.png
What method are you going to use to get the paint off? I generally turn a blind eye to paint on plastic. I'm a window cleaner not a restoration man. But if you offer the service, then fair play :thumbsup:

If your going to take it on then £60 just won't do it! You need several scouring pads and a upvc cream cleaner. Soak the pad and squirt on some cream cleaner and work in a circular motion. It's time consuming and you'll get sore feet standing on the ladder rungs! So explain to the customer how labour intensive it is and charge very high to make it worth the effort!

i would be more worried about damaging the plastic and then they have a go at you..you could try a small section and use the time multiplied up and add on a bit...also you could see how it goes...at the end of the day all the custy wants is someone to shift it...i have used very fine wet and dry to remove small marks but never really paint...bloody decorators...

JDs right, £60 aint even close. But instead of doing a runner, just put in a very high price (for a very awkward job). If you get the job, then at least you'll be rewarded for it. Take a few different scrapers and chemicals and try the various methods out. You'll soon see what works and what doesn't.

As part of a job as a freebie I spent 30 mins trying to get old pain off a plastic door sill. Chap was pleased but I scratched the **** out of the plastic so once I got paid I decided not to hang about. I think you call that a "paid runner" /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back