Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Take a small child canvassing?

S

SolarPanelCleaning

Would this make you look unprofessional? Or a 'family man' and more endearing? Anyone tried this? Good or bad?

Cheers again.

If I had no choice then can't see it doing any harm as long as the little one is content. My only concern would be is the child going to be put at risk by homeowners with dogs.

However needless to say I would not use kids as a marketing gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take my 13 year old with me but he is only an inch smaller than me and I'm 6 ft2

Dont get any problems as he keeps quiet and out the way

I wouldn't take a child canvassing. If someone turned up on my doorstep with a little kid in tow I would think they were, how can I put it without causing offence to travellers. Very unprofessional in my eyes, smacks of desperation taking a little kid with you. Our milkman used to do his collecting with his little kid in tow. Ding dong on the bell and there they were. I'm sure he brought the kid to confuse people as he said he would collect every 2 weeks, but I kept a note and he collected every 2 weeks and then came the next week and would leave it for a week and then 2 weeks again. Basically, he was collecting 4 weeks milk money every 3 weeks. I chased him up the road once after I checked on the diary and sacked him there and then. I got a load of verbal off the rest of the family in the car, so I must have been right. It used to remind me of Oliver Twist. Then they would get in the car and the rest of the family would be sat waiting. Yuk :confused:

I'll leave him at home then! Don't wanna look pikey!

Or I could line them all up and make them sing like von trapps.

I have never gone door canvassing, but I have taken my 3 yr old with me to give quotes. Sometimes my 5 yr old has had to come too. When the wife was working and I was looking after the children it seemed a good time to go and provide quotes so I didn't interfere with time I should be cleaning. Never had a problem, as my kids are little angels out and about, but at home they can be little monsters. :laugh:

Not everyone that knocks on a door with kids are travellers you know as Avon reps (mothers) with kids has been knocking on doors for years.:rolleyes:

My little one (20 months) comes with me for all aspects of work... quotes, collecting and cleaning. I don't canvas though.

No choice for me as there's no one else to look after him. We've been working together since he was 9 months. He gets paid too /emoticons/smile.png

My little one (20 months) comes with me for all aspects of work... quotes, collecting and cleaning. I don't canvas though.
No choice for me as there's no one else to look after him. We've been working together since he was 9 months. He gets paid too /emoticons/smile.png
ya never too young to learn :thumbsup:

DSCF1112.JPG.opt327x245o0%2C0s327x245.JPG

This was taken some time ago as she is five and a half now.

He loves to help when we're doing insides. This is a steam train we do every month (600 panes lol):

4ee80160b5510fd428a9b2a815651d5f.jpg

78171ae6241938ba3055aa42418d555d.jpg

Wfp jobs, he's safer strapped into the trailer /emoticons/smile.png

They are, shame I can't let him help too often with wfp work, but it just wouldn't be safe or productive. Here he is in the gaffer's seat...

3abbf6d76c58491f023da845c1c19daa.jpg

e3adc5898742123363242b371f608888.jpg

Back