Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rshandyman

Gutter camera

J D
That should do me for a while as will see if that runners armband case i've ordered will do for me guttervac pole. It's for a 4gs iphone though but my 3gs might just fit.

G2.jpg

J D

Yeah I'm going to order same armband strap for my iphone and hopefully they'll fit snugly round bottom of gutter vac pole

Neil
I got myself a handlebar/seat post/pole mount which is perfect to mount a gopro on a bare wfp for inspection work.

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/mounts/handlebar-seatpost-pole-mount/GRH30.html#/start=1

Also got a spare battery and a lcd touch screen bacpak so if I want can view the vids or pic straight from the camera. This is very handy to have to show customers vids & pics.

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/accessories/lcd-touch-bacpac/ALCDB-304.html#/start=1

Next I need to get myself a roll bar mount so can fit the camera to my guttervac nozzles aswell. http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/mounts/roll-bar-mount/GRBM30.html#/start=1

As far as wifi is concerned I have an old iphone 3gs that I've downloaded the free gopro app so when connected to the gopro I can view and control the functions of the camera from the ground. Just need to get a waterproof touch screen mount for the iphone that will fit a wfp and guttervac pole then I will be sorted. :)

Did you get this one smurf? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/digital-camcorders/digital-camcorders/action-camcorders/gopro-hero-3-action-camcorder-white-edition-21772792-pdt.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil

Just wondering as well smurf connecting this via wifi are you going to be using the personal hotspot thing on your iphone to connect it to the go pro?

Smurf

Not sure what a personal hotspot thing is bud.

It's dead easy to setup through the gopro app on the phone.The instructions that come with the camera tell you how to do this.

Just wondering as well smurf connecting this via wifi are you going to be using the personal hotspot thing on your iphone to connect it to the go pro?

Smurf

They are dirt cheap so if it doesn't fit that well all is not lost as I'm sure a quick mod would make it fit.

Yeah I'm going to order same armband strap for my iphone and hopefully they'll fit snugly round bottom of gutter vac pole

Neil
Not sure what a personal hotspot thing is bud.

It's dead easy to setup through the gopro app on the phone.The instructions that come with the camera tell you how to do this.

I've just gone and bought one lol playing with it now and to view it on your iphone you need wifi to connect it to your phone to see the live video, personal hotspot is something you have in the settings on your iphone that you can use the data to connect wirelessly I think lol, if it don't work you will need to get the customers wifi password :)

Neil

Sorry my bad, you can use it with your phone without wifi [emoji23]

Neil

There's a massive delay with live video recording looking at it on my iphone which is really bad

rshandyman

I cannot decide white/silver/black.....and if that delay is not to long otherwise a bit useless

Neil

I would say it's not worth it for gutters mate as the delay is stupid

Smurf

My gopro hero 3+ silver delay is between 1-2 second which is not going to be a big deal at all for me.:rolleyes:

I would say it's not worth it for gutters mate as the delay is stupid

Smurf

Neil you do not need to connect to a house broadband at all.:rolleyes:

You enable the wifi on the camera then you can connect it to a smart phone directly that has wifi enabled by following the gopro instructions.

Sorry my bad, you can use it with your phone without wifi [emoji23]

Neil

Yeah I figured that one out earlier but the delay is hassle for gutter cleaning I reckon unless you take photos I spise

rshandyman

So You both have the same camera and delay time is different?2 seconds is fine but 7-10 probably to many.

Smurf

Like I said before it's 1-2 seconds that's all as just tested it again. Also I knew beforehand it had this delay before I got it for gutter clearing :rolleyes:

Neil

There cheap anyway and on the plus side I can use it for karting [emoji1]

Smurf

I did a quick gutter clear by ladder on a front of a house earlier as one of the brackets needed sorting . There was approx one metre return on the end wall that I could not get my ladder set due to bushes being in the way on next door side so to check if the downspout and gutter was clear.

To be honest without a camera I would have been stuffed for sure. Turns out was all clear and took me no time at all using my new gopro guttercam. If it had been blocked then I would have had to setup my guttervac.

Customer was impressed by my kit and reassured by seeing the vid that part did not need doing :D

Smurf

Some pics cut from the vid I took using the gopro of the awkward bit I was on about

5915ca0d7ab9d_GOPR0171awkwardladderaccess.jpg.4033af51d5f754fea0e00e5a5ae087c3.jpg

5915ca0d81ac0_GOPR0171polecamclear.jpg.b940d2b5d45b6e86e1bc2ebe433a40b4.jpg

5915ca0d87fcb_GOPR0171downspourtclear.jpg.adad8dde437b036492837afc8ca4859e.jpg

Job done ;)

rshandyman

I have to say nice quality pictures...Do you need that remote to take a picture or you can cut it out of the video with software?

Smurf

At the mo for inspection work as I'm waiting for some bits I've ordered to arive I just set the gopro to record a vid then stick it where I want it to go. Then bring the pole back down and stop it recording. It has a bacpac screen fitted so I can playback the vid and show the customer.

To save pics from a vid I just connect the gopro to my pc and copy & past the vids to a folder. Then open the ones I want in realplayer where you can pick the individual frames you want to save as a pic.

Once I get the iphone tough case & quick realse strap mount for my pole I will be able to view and take pics there and then through the gopro app on my old ipone 3gs attached to the pole.

Smurf

I can't see any need myself for that remote but would have liked the black edition gopro instead of the silver as it's a better spec camera

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.