Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Been asked to quote a roof

Tuffers

On a garage and extension. What should I price it at and what methods? I don't really want to do it and reckon it will take a day. The custy is nice, but a bit tight. If I go in at my day rate, she'll have kittens :laugh:. Anyway fire away with price and methods....

FE553993-58EC-4955-BD9F-989B168B4009_zps97yj9f9l.jpg

F4BEC28E-4CF0-4E3A-8CDA-060F7F7721EA_zps7ln9rfti.jpg

33B3D396-8D6F-4F41-BC9F-933098475BC8_zpszcqcgas4.jpg

36D06A02-8B08-4E0A-915E-86FCA1C3EBCA_zpsjruhyjip.jpg

CC2A38E0-3538-4A25-B6D2-A83A4CA76B72_zpspxmkp1lt.jpg

End of part one

/emoticons/biggrin.png

If you want to get some idea of cost then contact algoclear for a contractor to give you a quote.

I think your tight **** customer will need that coffin not me :rofl:

I would say 600.it is very hard work but use wfp and stiff brush(maybe wire) and then spray chemicals like from mosskilers.co.uk

too much like hard work for me on a friday...im out...off for some tuffering instead../emoticons/biggrin.png...be back in 5 mins...

just re roof it..

I have a roof to cleajn in a week time but not as bad as yours-I will post pictures once I have done it-before and after.

Maybe £400-550 depending on whether you want it or not. Roof ladder (hire it if you have to- about £15 per day) With the tiles being flat you should have an easy time scraping.

Don't underestimate the job like I did mate, its tough. Once you've scraped it off you would not believe how long it takes to clear up the mess at the bottom.

I did one a couple of years ago. I would never do another! I sat on the ridge and scraped it with a wooden pole with a batten screwed to it. It was much less than the one you are doing and it took all day to remove the moss and most of the evening to clear out the gutters and sweep up afterwards. There was piles of the stuff.

I would never do another. I charge £200, should have been much more.

Myself I would not want to scrape that size job by hand when there are things like a pitch witch available.

Maybe £400-550 depending on whether you want it or not. Roof ladder (hire it if you have to- about £15 per day) With the tiles being flat you should have an easy time scraping.
Don't underestimate the job like I did mate, its tough. Once you've scraped it off you would not believe how long it takes to clear up the mess at the bottom.

Sorry pic is wrong

it is the right hand house and then have to scroll right to see the other one

How about from the ladder with standoff and ankalad and harris pole with stiff brush attached?I am not sure if 5 m pole will be long enough..

I am tempted to hire a roof ladder and get up there

I don't mind getting on roofs as used to work with a roofer

Just don't know the best way to actually get the **** off

I think this guy needs to think about health and safety a bit

How to pressure clean tile roofs at up to 2,500 s…: [media]

[/media]

Back