Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley and bucket

Jackjoewill

After 30 years traditional, bought a pure freedom trolley for upstairs and doing fine.

But I am struggling carrying my bucket as well as pulling the trolley and pole. I keep on retracing my steps to fetch the bucket. Maybe get a smaller bucket and hook onto trolley ?

Also getting fed up putting pole down and turning off the control valve. Are the valves you attach to the pole any good ?

Utility belt, BOAB for squeegee and applicator, pockets for MF and hand-held sprayer.....all you need on the belt, and you can hang the belt on the trolley when not required.

Aquadapter...Aquatap...or a simple tap on your hose all have their pros'n'cons, but a tap connected to the bottom of the pole is not for me because of the loop of hose it creates.

i do all the wfp first and then go and do the rest trad....although....i do wonder why i would bother tradding at all some times

getting a bit annoyed at running out of pure now.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i do all the wfp first and then go and do the rest trad....although....i do wonder why i would bother tradding at all some times
and as usual....divvy here....went back to the car to refill from barrels and of course my keys were in the back garden in my trad pockets..

getting a bit annoyed at running out of pure now.....
you are being drawn to the dark side /emoticons/smile.png

A simple bottle on a belt is also handy to wet the applicator instead of carrying a bucket about.

yep...i get the shakes when my pure runs out...still...there can be a few dodgy moments with wfp.....

going back to the car to refill and leaving your car keys in your traddy pockets...annoying...

racing back to the wfp from the backpack to not waste water and standing there waiting for it and thinking....i never normally beat it before the water starts flowing out.....who hadnt connected the back pack properly and was now flooding the patio with my precious pure....annoying...

then connected properly i ran back again pick up my brush and....no water....it was coming out of the bottom of the pole...whilst i had been back to the car the bloomin wind had blown my pole over and picking it up from the floor i hadnt noticed how the pipe had decided to split at the bottom....really annoying....yeh the dark side allright...

still...did a large conny in half the time it takes trad...

..but i dont want to start that old war up again...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most start off doing both then realise is to much hassle carting stuff about so end up with a wfp van mount.

yep...i get the shakes when my pure runs out...still...there can be a few dodgy moments with wfp.....
as posted previously going back to the car to refill and leaving your car keys in your traddy pockets...annoying...

racing back to the wfp from the backpack to not waste water and standing there waiting for it and thinking....i never normally beat it before the water starts flowing out.....who hadnt connected the back pack properly and was now flooding the patio with my precious pure....annoying...

then connected properly i ran back again pick up my brush and....no water....it was coming out of the bottom of the pole...whilst i had been back to the car the bloomin wind had blown my pole over and picking it up from the floor i hadnt noticed how the pipe had decided to split at the bottom....really annoying....yeh the dark side allright...

still...did a large conny in half the time it takes trad.....but i dont want to start that old war up again...:eek:
:rofl::rofl:

I think firstys should be done trad if poss to make sure no paint etc on windows as I always do and charge accordingly

Then you know wfp will leave em spotless

ahh but dave....i still trad check em after....and hey...paint removal is extra...i have one on the main road i did on friday really bad like a snow storm on leads as well...fall into the dark side....its too late for me now i gone.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Traitor

seriously good luck mate..I will be doing the same eventually

Only reason I went for ladders etc is for all the other jobs I do..quoted a 25 quid hoise today and he said I also need gutters and roof of my carport doing..bit wfp will be on the way soon I think

hey i have no plans not to carry and use my ladders...i was born on em....i up like a monkey....er....but...i was half way down and cleaning a lower leaded window when i saw a bit of skirt blowing in the wind...she was just around the corner...and so i lent backwards...and so did the ladder....good job no one saw me as i jumped to the floor....oops...:rolleyes:

she was defo jail bait anyway...bloody school holidays..

I started with two 25 ltr tubs a day doing tops and bottoms traditional, the more I got sick of waiting for the drips the more I started using pure on the bottoms, now a days I fill my 35ltr trolley and 6 25 ltr tubs but I'm getting sick of carting it all so need a van now

Indeed :thumbsup:

I started with two 25 ltr tubs a day doing tops and bottoms traditional, the more I got sick of waiting for the drips the more I started using pure on the bottoms, now a days I fill my 35ltr trolley and 6 25 ltr tubs but I'm getting sick of carting it all so need a van now

This is precisely why I said in another post about going straight for a van mount! It's always the same, as soon as you try a trolley six months later you want a van mount.

It's down to cash more than anything, if I had enough money I'd of gone straight for a van

I started with a trolley and went van mount about 5 months later. My trolley is always in the van for a few jobs that I need it for, plus it's a good back up if the system ever packs up! Using WFP off a 100m hose reel takes some getting used to. Imagine parking up and having to get to the back of a house that's 30m from your van? You have to gauge how much hose to pull off to the first corner to get you to the furthest point away. I look at the house and figure out how many metres I will need and count them as I pull the hose off. It's a fine art and if you misjudge it, you will have to walk back and pull some more off, which wastes time.

I use a 1 ltr washing up liquid bottle, with water and soap in it, for doing bottoms trad, with my trolley. What Ive been doing now in some streets, is going round all the tops with the trolley and then going round the bottoms trad, then you dont get your pole hose caught up in your BOAB and gives the water time to drip down.

I want a van system, but the trolley or back system is still a must in some places where there are access issues.

Back