Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water dispersment using a pole

AJ windows

Doing my rinse on windows I've cleaned several times now I notice the water doesn't go down in a sheet, but simply disperses like there's grease or something on the windows. Thus leaving a lot of droplets on the windows. But the windows dry clear, is this normal? At first I thought I had oil or something on my brush so I bought another, only to find its basically the same.

There are different types of glass. This will help

[media]

[/media]
If the windows are drying clean and without spots, then I would stick with what you have got. In other words I personally wouldn't add fan jets to my brush as I normally use pencil jets which I prefer.

I forgot to add that as window cleaners we prefer Hydrophilic glass as the water beads nicely an flushes the dirt away.

However, motorcyclists and car drivers prefer Hydrophobic glass as the windscreen or windshield is better to see through.

So its horses for courses.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion for speed of cleaning & rinsing hydrophobic glass you can't beat fan jets on a good flow rate.

anouther thing to consider is brush choice a flocked brush will give the hydrohobic glass a sheet effect for a few seconds with a high flow rate as will a dence brush with a wide splay, an ur rite alan fans r defo quicker on hydrophobic

austin%20powers.jpg

I don't think it matters that much what brand of pole you use myself but slx range of gardiner poles seems very popular.

Guess ill be fitting both sets of fans to mt brushes in future. Do the majority of you use gardener poles?
i use a facelift pole at the minit but lots like the gardener poles out of all the uk brands there probly the most populer ide say

I'm a pencil jet lover , tried fan but use too much water and needs my pump on full blast to get a good wash down

Back