Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Do you hate updating your work diary?

Guest boarcity

Guest boarcity

whether online or on paper?

its starting to drain me,bloomin takes me 2 hours every sunday afternoon now and thats with it online [george] . i was doing it sunday eves but i cant concentrate for that long when theres no proper daylight in the house .

I am lucky my wife has a 2nd job doing admin for a mates plumbing company and when she does his work she updates mine also

I made the spreadsheets she updates them and prints off a list of jobs for the week so I know what needs doing

They do have some uses the wives

Admin and tuffering..lol

Guest boarcity

what makes it worse for me is my missus ,starts the nag "you havnt done your diary yet " of course i already know that .

one day im going to employ somebody to do it ,amongst other duties

I am always behind with mine. Also, planning the week ahead can take some time......I write down in my diary the list of customers I am going to do each day and then end up over ruling myself and re planning. I always have it in the back of my mind what customers are going to be nagging me if I am late in getting their windows done, hence the replanning.

I do, however, take my books to work with me, which means I can update them when car sitting in the rain.

I planned everything out for the week and decided that I would carry out the list as is. Then I turn up at a job and there are painters working. The customer now wants a visit next week. Turn up at another job and I can't get around the back due to a newly installed gate.

So much for planning :rofl:

I planned everything out for the week and decided that I would carry out the list as is. Then I turn up at a job and there are painters working. The customer now wants a visit next week. Turn up at another job and I can't get around the back due to a newly installed gate.

So much for planning :rofl:

Things rarely go to plan Spc. I just know I have to stop "fire fighting", trim my round and get more disciplined with my planning.

• Like 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.