Solar panels

Guest SteveSmee

Price is dependent on how many, I would have a minimum charge of £50 if they weren't regular window cleaning customers and would be at least £5 a panel if they were very good customers. No you don't need a special brush and I think you'll struggle to reach, depending on the age of the house, with a 27' unless the roof pitch is steep.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James

• chip

• Pjj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We use a 55 carbon with 10 inch stand off from gardeners I also have there allloy on for ground mounts 

35' and a very stiff 47'

45 foot pole something stiff or the pole will hit the gutters , probably get away with a 35 on the two storey house . 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, JEM said:

I thought i'd search on this as i was asked if i could do solar panels, I've never done them before i just said it depends on the height ect.

So my questions are what do people charge per panel and do you need a "special" brush for them. I've got a laser to measure them, i know with my SLX 27 i can reach up to 32ft

We have a set charge of £75  up to the first 16 panels then £3 per panel after that on domestic, commercial is different, no special brush is needed but a stiff pole with a 10 inch or bigger goose neck is usually needed or the pole will hit the gutters or roof tiles , I personally think the slx will be to whippy and hit the roof , one trick is to use a much longer pole and don’t use the top section keep it closed this will make the pole much stiffer , we use either an extremely 35 or 46 foot ultimate on houses depending on height . 

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

We have a set charge of £75  up to the first 16 panels then £3 per panel after that on domestic, commercial is different, no special brush is needed but a stiff pole with a 10 inch or bigger goose neck is usually needed or the pole will hit the gutters or roof tiles , I personally think the slx will be to whippy and hit the roof , one trick is to use a much longer pole and don’t use the top section keep it closed this will make the pole much stiffer , we use either an extremely 35 or 46 foot ultimate on houses depending on height . 

Great advice, I think once i get enough work i'll add a couple of sections to my SLX27 and buy a SLX 22 for day to day work.

I know what you mean about whippy. i've done a couple of houses that have skylights where the solar panels would be in the roof and it does bow at the top and touch the guttering. maybe a stand off goose neck might also help.

So would the £75 charge be for just a solar panel job or would you still charge that if you were also doing the windows

30 minutes ago, JEM said:

Great advice, I think once i get enough work i'll add a couple of sections to my SLX27 and buy a SLX 22 for day to day work.

I know what you mean about whippy. i've done a couple of houses that have skylights where the solar panels would be in the roof and it does bow at the top and touch the guttering. maybe a stand off goose neck might also help.

So would the £75 charge be for just a solar panel job or would you still charge that if you were also doing the windows

£75 is just for the solar panels windows would be extra , I have just increased the price it was £65 before 

scottish cleaning service
18 minutes ago, Pjj said:

£75 is just for the solar panels windows would be extra , I have just increased the price it was £65 before 

Think I'll round my figures up the way like £70 for solar clean and £70 for medium gutter clear. Its okay when we are busy.