Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Payload?

Delicate-Design

I've seen a van and test drove it and I'm happy with it I've since noticed its payload is only 625kgs I'm planning on holding a 350 ltr tank with all the gear ie the usual ladders hoses etc do you think this will be enough? I'm guessing a 350ltr tank full is 350 kgs any advice appreciated

Chris

If I'm not mistaken there's 1.000 kg to 1 tonne on average 1 ltr of water weighs 1 kg so that van would easy do the job

350kgs is just the water in the tank, remember the tank is a fair weight too. Then add your weight, fuel weight, ladders, hose reel etc etc.

My advice is to not get a smaller tank to compensate for the weight, you'll live to regret it! Buy a van with a bigger payload rather than getting a smaller tank. If you're getting close to the limit of course.

My window cleaning mate has two small vans on the road and I'm very surprised he has not been stopped for being overweight yet.

It's a dead giveaway as both vans arses look like they are dragging along the road. Bless em:D

I can now say after using a bigger van how the hell did I manage with a berlingo 600 kg van for so long. But to be fair I'm not a full time wfp window cleaner as is just a small part in what I do.

I'm sure some of you have seen the pics and that was with just a 250 tank fitted etc etc etc /emoticons/biggrin.png

My bigger van doesn't look much better inside now @J D but at least I can get to the stuff I want without unloading everything first /emoticons/biggrin.png

350kgs is just the water in the tank, remember the tank is a fair weight too. Then add your weight, fuel weight, ladders, hose reel etc etc.
My advice is to not get a smaller tank to compensate for the weight, you'll live to regret it! Buy a van with a bigger payload rather than getting a smaller tank. If you're getting close to the limit of course.
Tuffers is right.

I honestly feel that a 350 litre tank in a 625kg van is too close to the limit. You need a van with a payload of 825 to 900kg. I also feel that 350 litres isn't big enough for a good day's graft. There is nothing more frustrating than having to finish slightly early because you have run out of water.

Both the small vans of ours are fitted with 500 liter tanks. Son's van is a Peugeot Partner 800 LX and SIL's van is a LWB T220 Connect van which has a payload of 825kgs. Whilst they don't use all that water every day, they have on occasions used it all.

I've had a good deal in it so bought it although it's only a temp van as in new year I come into a far bit of money so will probably upgrade to a bug van and two man setup /emoticons/smile.png

Back