Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Other wc

dasslr1

94 to go
i was cleaning one of my houses today and i hear a "alright mate " so i turn around and theres another wc across the road first thought across my mind was "oh here we go lets get ready for a fight " thinking he might be starting something , i said "alright bud back" an we carried on with our jobs. anyway got talking to him hes wfp an im trad ,lol. now iv never had a proper look at wfp system in back of van so asked im if i could have a look ,sure enough he lets me,and we have a good chat . he asks if i work up near ......... rd and i say yeah and he gives me an address thats just around the corner saying hes just quoated it but because hes busy and its out of the way for him i could have it ,plus he took my number saying if anymore come up around here he ll pass them on to me.

Just goes to show we are all not nutters as I pass work on too./emoticons/smile.png

yeah coundnt believe it lol its a small house and i can see why he passed it on to me<nothing wrong with it > but ill have it no worries lol

i was cleaning one of my houses today and i hear a "alright mate " so i turn around and theres another wc across the road first thought across my mind was "oh here we go lets get ready for a fight " thinking he might be starting something , i said "alright bud back" an we carried on with our jobs. anyway got talking to him hes wfp an im trad ,lol. now iv never had a proper look at wfp system in back of van so asked im if i could have a look ,sure enough he lets me,and we have a good chat . he asks if i work up near ......... rd and i say yeah and he gives me an address thats just around the corner saying hes just quoated it but because hes busy and its out of the way for him i could have it ,plus he took my number saying if anymore come up around here he ll pass them on to me.
Good stuff, I like stories like this, it restores my faith in society. I hope you took his number too, as you invariably get offered jobs that are only suitable for WFP that would be great to return the favour. I hada woman a while back that was desperate to have her windows cleaned, she sounded like a good sort, and it was a good size house, but the windows were just impossible to do trad (Georgians, all above porches, extensions etc). The best part was that she was prepared to pay good money for it, but unfortunately I just don't know any local WFPers to hand it over to.

Wish I had a couple of window cleaners like that in my Town, its good to know that we have decent window cleaners in our trade to:)

I've got a 9 meter pole but its not a size thing, that's not what I tell the misses anyway.:rolleyes:

Hey Tuffers my wife's been telling me for years that size isn't everything./emoticons/biggrin.png

Wish I had a couple of window cleaners like that in my Town, its good to know that we have decent window cleaners in our trade to:)
I just get the glare off other window cleaners in this area, so I just make sure I smile and wave at them :laugh:

i pretty much dodge em....but come on gav...i could drop a flyer on thier car!

other wc seem to be like buses ...i dont see em for ages and then see three in a day...

i just love it when on holiday and of course you come across one....and have to watch..:specs

spotted any yet mrtaytay....with your pint in hand!

I was in Devizes which is a town near us and the highlight of the day was watching a wc cleaning a shop window with a pole and equipment that I use, I really should get out more.:rolleyes:

yep i parked up the other day to watch some wfp ers at work....i think he sussed me though...must have been the ladders on the roof...dohhhhh

well it is interesting to watch the different styles and ways...

I know most of the local windies and we all stopband chat..I think the fact there is a lot of work round here means they ain't worried about competition

I was chatting to one the other day while he was up his ladder and I done the bottom one for him while chatting as I had my gear on for the house 2 doors down

there is no need for all the aggro

Back