Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fairy -lime and lemongrass

TolishAPurd

If you can excuse the poncy name, then this stuff is worth a buy: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Dishwashing/Fairy_Antibacterial_Washing_up_Liquid_Lime_And_Lemongrass_433ml.html

I picked it up in a rush as there wasn't any ecover on the shelves, and am finding myself using it more and more- especially first cleans. It seems to have all the good stuff from fairy like the strong cleaning power, bubbles, slip etc, but without the stickiness, horrible smell, and green film on the glass.

I seem to get the best results when mixing a bucket as normal (2 second squirt), but topping up the applicator with 2/3 small drops before lathering the mop with my hand.

Everything I've said is all subjective, so I'd be interested to see what you guys make of it if you get a chance.

I might try it but after 23 years of fairy and discovering ecover/flash concentrate I think I am converted

is that concentrated or regular thickness in your opinion?
Seems more regular to me mate. Its a lot less heavy then the green concentrate.

I might try it but after 23 years of fairy and discovering ecover/flash concentrate I think I am converted
I'm an evover/vin man dave, but I reckon theres a lot to be said for this stuff too if you ever get caught out like I did.

I tried with vinegar and was good and tried flash but left white marks

Added a touch of vinegar to flash/ecover and fine

No need for vinegar with flash concentrate as leaves no marks

will get one to try out . although im very happy with Aldis Magnum , i use 1 bottle a week [over 4 workers ] it wont hurt to have 1 fairy in the stash

1 bottle a week between 4

I can do a bottle of ecover and flash in less than that on my own

will get one to try out . although im very happy with Aldis Magnum , i use 1 bottle a week [over 4 workers ] it wont hurt to have 1 fairy in the stash
I bought a bottle of magnum a little while back on your recommendation, and my mrs accidently threw it away with some other stuff. Bit gutted as its always good trying out different stuff. At least with soaps, if you don't like them, you just put them in the wife's cupboard and they don't go to waste.

I bought a bottle of magnum a little while back on your recommendation, and my mrs accidently threw it away with some other stuff. Bit gutted as its always good trying out different stuff. At least with soaps, if you don't like them, you just put them in the wife's cupboard and they don't go to waste.
looks as if this fairy is probably lighter in the hand to tip in than the magnum.

are you really using that much? i dont put any in the bucket but on arrival at each house we each dip our Tbar in bucket and then pull it out and squeeze a line of washing up liquid direct onto the Tbar. that 1 dip is enough water/soap to last 1 average house as a rule

Last edited:
1 bottle a week between 4I can do a bottle of ecover and flash in less than that on my own
How do you put it on dave? Because that's a lot of soap to go through. I find it a lot more economical to put less in the bucket, and then just a few drops on the applicator to get the suds up.

I use quite a bit in the bucket and not on the applcator

and had a lot of new cleans where I tend to go ott

Saying that I have been using a hell of a lot less the last 2 weeks as been using a spray bottle as recommended on here

i had a spell of using a spray bottle and liked the idea on sunny days a real boon /also good at quieting down aggresive dogs if you get em a jet full right between the eyes! hunted becomes the hunter ,and boy did we hunt , heheh

i had a spell of using a spray bottle and liked the idea on sunny days a real boon /also good at quieting down aggresive dogs if you get em a jet full right between the eyes! hunted becomes the hunter ,and boy did we hunt , heheh
LMAO /emoticons/biggrin.png I don't use a spray bottle myself, I use an old squirty bottle, which is actually the small ecover bottles. The bottles are well made as they are designed to be reused, but the lids have a tendancy to break after a while, so I always collect old ones from the wife.

Problem with starting up again is all the new cleans. .then I use a bucket with a strong mix to get all the **** off

Problem with starting up again is all the new cleans. .then I use a bucket with a strong mix to get all the **** off
I do the same mate. I do a lot of 1 off and end of tenancy cleans so I take any help I can get.

If anyone's interested, this stuff is 2 for £2 at Tesco at the moment. I've got 4 bottles of the stuff coming in the next shop.

Back