Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drips on the neighbours windows

Luke Barnard

Hi all, I'm new to window cleaning and have picked up a first floor flat to clean tomorrow.

I plan to use wfp but I can see that mucky water will end up dripping all over the downstairs neighbours windows!!! I'd thought about asking to do thiers at the same time but don't want to get the brush-off and an earfull ontop.

Is there a proper etiquette for splashing the neighbours windows.

Any help much appreciated.

Luke.

If their windows are clean we generally just put the brush over their glass out of courtesy. If the windows (glass) are dirty we don't bother.

We have gained a couple of downstairs flats over the years, but it isn't something we expect.

Yeah, I have an upstairs maisonette that I do WFP. The bloke downstairs is happy for me to go over his windows for free. I usually just flick over his and hardly rinse, amazingly they come up very well. You'd have thought he'd bung me a tenner at Xmas or something wouldn't you! Not a friggin chance.

I have no problem as if someone kicks off they can either pay me for a clean or I say to them "so what happens when it rains?" /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks for the quick replies, think I'll see what the downstairs windows look like before I start, if they look like s**t I'll do the job, put a quote through the door then go. Cheers, Luke.

The fun of flats /emoticons/smile.png I usually stay clear but I do one that's 2nd floor so I asked her to clear it with the folk below and I'd do it , so she did and I do /emoticons/smile.png the fun starts when they leave there windows open and water pisses in , oops

I do one commercial job where there is a window on ground floor belonging to another company. I just clean it.

As for flats, I don't take the jobs on.

Ok so I arrived at the job this morning

, half the windows are wide open the rest are locked ajar :-( most of the downstairs windows are open and nobodies answereing their doors!!!

Pushed as many closed as I could with the pole and cleaned as carefully as poss, hav'nt had a phone call yet about a massive flood but I'm fast going off the idea of cleaning flats....

You'll get used to it, I do loads like that every week now and don't get water in Windows. Just point jets away when approaching the window.

When cleaning windows with one open to the side, bring the brush beneath the open window to start on the closed window. Don't go above as you'll get water in the open one, if you're working on upstairs windows :thumbsup:

Back