Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First cleans.

AnMadraRua

I went to my second ever customer today who had been doing her own windows for a while. The frames had never been cleaned before so they were quite dirty and I wasn't happy with one window so I did it again. My question is, how long should I have spent on that house (3 bed new build detached) seeing as it was essentially a first clean and should I have charged her more, I charged her £8.

daf0491074a797b2d8c11b9061b6bc27.jpg

£8 seems cheap, that looks like a £12 on a maintenance clean house to me. As for charging more for first clean, it depends if you could get away with charging more, or would she dump you, leaving you with no foot in the door on the estate so to speak.

Would take me 15 minutes trad assuming no conny round back so about 10-12 quid

Tile walking as would be my guess a most trad around here like to do for some strange reason /emoticons/biggrin.png

How would you tackle the tiles Davey? Pole or...?

As long as it take would be my answer.

Charging £8 for that size house I'm guessing you will get loads of work too

I went to my second ever customer today who had been doing her own windows for a while. The frames had never been cleaned before so they were quite dirty and I wasn't happy with one window so I did it again. My question is, how long should I have spent on that house (3 bed new build detached) seeing as it was essentially a first clean and should I have charged her more, I charged her £8.

Would use ladder and pole with 0° squeegee

The left and middle ones may be possible with ladder just under fascia and reach with arms

I blame david bailey myself as that image taken by the camera car looks indeed a wee bit strange./emoticons/biggrin.png

Bit of serious subsidence going on there!!!!!!!!!/emoticons/biggrin.png

that would be a 12 minimum for me, and a pound or 2 more if any side windows. for first clean, 24, or 20 depentant on the state of them.

I got a few new ones today..2 beds

1 window upstairs front and back and 1 downstairs + patio door/front door..5 minute job £7.50 so £8 is too low for that one

Did 1 today and got all the neighbours coming out

Maybe other windies think not worth it 7 now x £7.50 without moving car

Good to hear but this is the dark side you know /emoticons/biggrin.png

Would use ladder and pole with 0° squeegeeThe left and middle ones may be possible with ladder just under fascia and reach with arms

How is it the dark side?? Still squeegee and ladder..lol

Will have microlight trolly soon enough

Will still trad as much as poss as I am a sicko who enjoys it

Not to worry as you will also be a stick waggler soon then like cnc /emoticons/biggrin.png

How is it the dark side?? Still squeegee and ladder..lolWill have microlight trolly soon enough

Will still trad as much as poss as I am a sicko who enjoys it

Well under priced in my opinion, particularly with it being a first clean! You can often tell by speaking to a customer as to whether they will be a one-off or a regular type customer! If i thought theyd be regular and the windows werent too dirty then id charge £12.00. If i thought they were looking a one-off then its unlikely i would want the job but if i did do it as a one-ff then id charge £20

Back