Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnMadraRua

First cleans.

TolishAPurd

Most of the conservatories around here have more windows on them then the house has. :rolleyes:

Dave B

Statistics show if you put prices up 10% you will lose 2-3 % customers

Meaning less custys but still more cash

AnMadraRua

I'm in Merseyside so I was pricing my jobs accordingly. If I was down South somewhere I would charge more but I agree, I should have charged more for a first clean, oh well, lesson learned.

spruce
Most of the conservatories around here have more windows on them then the house has. :rolleyes:

I agree. The conservatory should be at least the cost of the house.

A friend of mine moved into a 4 bedroom detached house in Guisborough (on a newish Estate - houses been up about 12 years opposite the Shell Garage), with a conservatory that runs the full length of the back of the house.

Trad window cleaners were charging the previous owners £6.00 including the conservatory. They continued doing it when he moved in 2 years ago. The only windows they couldn't get to were the 3 upstairs windows above the conservatory. this is the kind of pricing we are up against all the time.

We cleaned the house today and it took the 2 of us just under 1/2 an hour to clean.

Tuffers
I agree. The conservatory should be at least the cost of the house.

A friend of mine moved into a 4 bedroom detached house in Guisborough (on a newish Estate - houses been up about 12 years opposite the Shell Garage), with a conservatory that runs the full length of the back of the house.

Trad window cleaners were charging the previous owners £6.00 including the conservatory. They continued doing it when he moved in 2 years ago. The only windows they couldn't get to were the 3 upstairs windows above the conservatory. this is the kind of pricing we are up against all the time.

We cleaned the house today and it took the 2 of us just under 1/2 an hour to clean.

Crikey :thumbsdown:

cheapncheerful

it defo varies a lot by area...i got one similar recently and the old windy was charging £6.50....i do a few like that for £8 around here...i dont mind...as long as they follow my golden rule....money left no one in...:thumbsdown:

just got paid tonight for a new one similar....said £12 first clean £10 normally and she has paid by bank transfer...yippee...and wants it every month...but....do i put a price on my note next month or see...if she accidentally pays the £12....:devil:..still me likes bank transfer...me likes no one in....

abs

Here in Derby I'd have to charge £8.00 for that house also (competition is fierce) but saying that the property would only take me 15 minutes first clean then only 5 on maintenance cleans (as long as there out ) :)

spruce
Crikey :thumbsdown:

The trouble is that they do the whole estate using similar pricing - any newbie has no chance of canvassing that area.

We have a small village called Charltons on the road to Whitby. The village comprises of a couple of streets of terraced houses. There are about 45 houses in each street.

Their cleaner cleans most of them, fronts only, ie 1 upstairs window, a downstairs window and a front door. He charges £2 per house.

Smurf

I was about to finish one job today then next door asked for a quote which went like this

To check & clear guttering & downspouts (rear aspect of the property only) £85

To clean outside of guttering, fascia & soffits (rear aspect of the property only) £85

To externally deep clean conservatory roof including finials, crest, frames, and plastic roof panels £75

To externally deep clean conservatory sides to include guttering, windows frames, patio door frames, sills and glazing £40

Sub Total £285

Less discount - £35

Total £250

It's booked in for next week for £250 as the lady has given me loads of recommendations after I deep cleaned her mums property so hence why the large discount. :rolleyes:

Smurf

Just goes to show there is plenty of premium priced one-off cleans out there...

Well they start off as one-off's but most end up being regular customers as want it done every year or so.

rshandyman

I know that there is no standard price Smurf but roughly how much do you charge per side 3 bedroom detached house.just roughly..

Smurf

no as everyone can charge what they like....;)

all properties are different so I don't have a standard price

So it means it is your secret then...

spruce

5915ca0d8faa8_frontandreargutterclean.jpg.01da7f4624ade4b484984afa6c7f68f5.jpg

This three bedroom semi was done for £45.00 the other day by a person who just does gutter cleans. He tries to book in 3 or 4 a day. He didn't clean the gutter outsides, soffits or the fascias - just an internal gutter clean.

He left tell tale dirty marks on the outside of the gutters in several places to show that he was there.

I had thought of getting the ladders off the van to see what sort of a job he did, but in the end decided not to waste the energy doing it. It wouldn't have made any difference whether it did the job properly or not and who is going to check up on him?

I wish we could get your prices Smurf.

Smurf

That guy could have been me when I first started out but I soon learnt not to under price jobs.

[ATTACH=full]4778[/ATTACH]

This three bedroom semi was done for £45.00 the other day by a person who just does gutter cleans. He tries to book in 3 or 4 a day. He didn't clean the gutter outsides, soffits or the fascias - just an internal gutter clean.

He left tell tale dirty marks on the outside of the gutters in several places to show that he was there.

I had thought of getting the ladders off the van to see what sort of a job he did, but in the end decided not to waste the energy doing it. It wouldn't have made any difference whether it did the job properly or not and who is going to check up on him?

I wish we could get your prices Smurf.

tench0771
I went to my second ever customer today who had been doing her own windows for a while. The frames had never been cleaned before so they were quite dirty and I wasn't happy with one window so I did it again. My question is, how long should I have spent on that house (3 bed new build detached) seeing as it was essentially a first clean and should I have charged her more, I charged her £8.

ide charge £10 / £11 for that size house as long as it has no conny as for a first clean it depends on how dirty they were i use ubik2000 sprayed on the brush that rips the dirt off with ease so i can save time on the scrubing

SPCleaning

£15 without a conservatory, £20 with. I really feel for you guys in areas that are forced to price so much lower.

Duncs

that would be gd £10

must say its crying out to be WFP

Tuffers
ide charge £10 / £11 for that size house as long as it has no conny as for a first clean it depends on how dirty they were i use ubik2000 sprayed on the brush that rips the dirt off with ease so i can save time on the scrubing

£15 without a conservatory, £20 with. I really feel for you guys in areas that are forced to price so much lower.

Both in Devon. Tench, put your prices up mate :)

SPCleaning

Good point Tuffers. Tench bring yours in line so I don't look so expensive :rofl:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.