Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What gloves does everyone wear or recommend

The last few weeks there has been a few chilly mornings and I was wondering what gloves people wear during the really cold weather?? cold water and my hands don't mix very well in single digit temperatures so any pointers to decent gloves will be very welcome!!

Cheers, Gary

Still in shorts and T shirt here /emoticons/smile.png. I used gloves for the first time ever last Winter. I bought some Sealskinz. Not bad, but wore out before Winter was over and they kept my hands clean. Your hands do get really dirty in the Winter months.

gloves dont seem to last for very long on me....they just wear out and annoy me...at the mo...i am just wearing what ever is in the carrier bag of collected gloves that the kids wont wear...as kids...dont wear gloves...they aint cool..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have several types of gloves. The cheap asda garden material gloves for most weather until it gets to about 5c then the thick waterproof work gloves that look like surgeons gloves. Like in the movies where you can literally dip your hands in acid. But it has to be cold to wear those.

I think they call them hand me downs cnc /emoticons/biggrin.png

gloves dont seem to last for very long on me....they just wear out and annoy me...at the mo...i am just wearing what ever is in the carrier bag of collected gloves that the kids wont wear...as kids...dont wear gloves...they aint cool..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Talking of gloves, we had a clear out over the weekend and I found some wooly Lacoste gloves that I bought in Spain on a lads holiday about 30 years ago. They're as good as new with a silver crocodile on the left glove. I gave them the nipper and he reckons they're well sick :confused:

I was advised to get sealskinz gloves, I do like them, but did wear through quite quick, but still usable, probably get another pair for winter. Good thing is they are quite tight fitting so can detail with them ok,

Sealskin are really good but only last 3/4 months under heavy usage last year I actually used my skiing gloves there big thick and really warm even when wet but there wrecked too I'd recommend using skiing gloves as there warm , no matter what you buy think all gloves will only last 1 season

shorts???? what are they?? my legs haven't seen the sun in bout 6 wks!! Oh the joys of livin in sunny ole N Ireland!!
I've not long got back from Ireland, went in my motorhome for 3 weeks and rained everyday with only brief glimpses of sun

I wear Youngstown winter gloves. I've tried sealskins and they are neither waterproof or able to keep my hands warm & they fall to bits in a matter of weeks. Well they are water resistant at best but that lasts only days!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear cheap woollen gloves under a pair of Showa (builders rubber gloves) Never get cold or wet and they outlast all the other types I have tried. Showa gloves are about £6 in builders/ Agriculture merchants.

I tend to wear shorts until the snow comes..although as I get older I feel the cold more

I may even use gloves for the first time this year

Someone I know told me to be carefull in shorts in winter as cold muscles are easier to damage

View attachment 2885 my lot wear Skytec Ohio gloves in the cold weather. excellent for ladderwork and very cheap too. if its really cold they pull on 2 pairs of these gloves . i carry a few pairs in the van ,case any need drying out, they dry very quickly too if need be .

Seen these gloves on another site and they defo look good, http://www.windowcleaningresources.co.uk/proflex-818od-waterproof-gloves-with-outdry/ has anyone tried them???They are on my wishlist just hope they are still available to buy
They are identical to Youngstown gloves. Try Greggcare.ie as they sell the youngstown ones for 20 quid and they are the cheapest seller of this glove, including ebay. They currently have a 10% off promotion on everything as well, so be quick.

Latest Posts

Back