Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got this text yesterday

AJ windows

Allen,

There is a window cleaning round in the paper for sale in tonights telegraph. Thought it might interest you, saves you posting flyers through my customers doors around the Scartho area.

I appreciate that we have a free economy and there is nothing I can do to stop you doing it, but what I dont appreciate is someone trying to take bread of my table. Something you'll discover for yourself in the future no doubt.

The number in the telegraph is -

and that is all I know.

I dont want to fall out with anyone over work as there is plenty of work to go around for us all.

Good luck and regards

John Potter.

So I rang the guy up straight away and pointed out I've putting my fliers through every door of every street I pick a job up from. He did complement me saying in 24 years he's never come across a window cleaner who presents his buisness in such a professional manner and said if he gets offered work in areas he doesn't cover he'll gladly pass my number on.

In other words he is saying in a round about way before it gets nasty GET OFF MY PATCH :rolleyes:

I don't think there's such a thing as a patch, we have 6 different window cleaners in our street and there's only 24 houses. Down to individual customers who they want to go with and as I'm well presented, tidy and intelligent. Obviously they going to choose me lol.

Difference is that guy has probably built up a very high volume compact round in the 24 years he has been at it. Unlike most that have to travel between jobs like you mentioned (6 in your street) /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ironic thing is, he bought most of his work and it's still scattered all over the place. Had another window cleaner moaning there's not enough work and I've picked 6 up in just street he does in the last 2 days alone. Obviously he thinks people will just ask him when he looks scruffy and overweight. Monday I had no work booked in so I dropped leaflets sat and Sunday for a few hours and have gained 22 more houses since the weekend and Monday became my most profitable day so far. /emoticons/smile.png

Ironic thing is, he bought most of his work and it's still scattered all over the place. Had another window cleaner moaning there's not enough work and I've picked 6 up in just street he does in the last 2 days alone. Obviously he thinks people will just ask him when he looks scruffy and overweight. Monday I had no work booked in so I dropped leaflets sat and Sunday for a few hours and have gained 22 more houses since the weekend and Monday became my most profitable day so far. /emoticons/smile.png
Gained 22 houses over the weekend! They reckon the success rate for flyers is 0.5%. You must have hit a good patch!

I'm scruffy and overweight so no hope for me then /emoticons/biggrin.png

I would have knocked the f####r out for speaking to me like that

Well done for being diplomatic aj

Allen,There is a window cleaning round in the paper for sale in tonights telegraph. Thought it might interest you, saves you posting flyers through my customers doors around the Scartho area.

I appreciate that we have a free economy and there is nothing I can do to stop you doing it, but what I dont appreciate is someone trying to take bread of my table. Something you'll discover for yourself in the future no doubt.

The number in the telegraph is -

and that is all I know.

I dont want to fall out with anyone over work as there is plenty of work to go around for us all.

Good luck and regards

John Potter.

So I rang the guy up straight away and pointed out I've putting my fliers through every door of every street I pick a job up from. He did complement me saying in 24 years he's never come across a window cleaner who presents his buisness in such a professional manner and said if he gets offered work in areas he doesn't cover he'll gladly pass my number on.
Are you under cutting this other bloke, may I ask? If not, spark him out.

Window cleaners should not go bashing each other about but would be fun to watch them doing something like this :rofl:

[media]

[/media]

i g0t double glazing but i still get leaflets asking if i want it ...i see no difference...the custy has the right to a free market...

hmmmm......your all welcome to the cra ppy work i have....yet to see anyone do a three bed for a fiver....:rolleyes:

Don't knock your work bud as is better than nothing /emoticons/wink.png

i g0t double glazing but i still get leaflets asking if i want it ...i see no difference...the custy has the right to a free market...
hmmmm......your all welcome to the cra ppy work i have....yet to see anyone do a three bed for a fiver....:rolleyes:

well i think ...its getting better ...thanks to all the advice i get on here from you lot....ta folks.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and as you say....it gets me away from the wife...:rolleyes:

I had already enquired about the round for sale prior to the text but I felt it was over priced and a pointless round for me, it was split into 5 small rounds, 2 local to me and 1 about 5 miles away and 2 40 mins drive away. Generating 1k per month and he was asking 5k for it. I much prefer getting my,own fresh work rather than,someone else's cast offs and I certainly wouldn't want to be paying 50 quid per house lol. With no guarantee that the customer wanted you. I'm on my 4th clean on my,first customers, this being my 9th week from the start of my buisness. Currently I have approx 150 customers of which 50% are 2 weekers the rest being 4 weekers. Got another 3 new customers today from my leaflet dropping at the weekend too. And I haven't even scratched the surface, I ordered 10k flyers and have posted about 3k. There's approx 120,000 houses within 3 mile radius of me so I'm thinking a fleet of vans and several employers further down the line. I'll post a pic of my,van, I'm sure you'll like my phrase on the side /emoticons/smile.png cost me 70 notes to sign write myself, huge saving.

So what's holding you back as this time next year you could go national /emoticons/biggrin.png

think BIG /emoticons/wink.png

Back