Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hozelock

Myself I prefer the hozelock type fittings as I do alot of fascias cleans etc using customers tap water when they have an outside tap.

Mind you you if using rectus/ez-snap type fitting you could make up a bit of hose with the right fitting so could connect a pole hose to a standard hose reel but i've never bothered doing it that way myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Hozelock type connectors for years, no leaks so long as you replace the little rubber O rings as soon as any drips start. The rubber O rings can be had for peanuts per hundred via Ebay.

Hozelock for moi, plastic ones dont wear out as quick as brass, as for seals, i unwind my reel before connecting to reduce wear and tear, havent had to change seals for a long time.

Only time i get leaks is when the pressure slowly pushes the hose out of the fitting, takes seconds to undo push the hose home then retighten

mine has been fine so far ...not that i do that much work but....i always wipe it before i put it in...and no ...i am talking about hozelock fittings and not anything else.../emoticons/biggrin.png

its time to go shopping now for the back up spares...especially the plastic pipe fitting as i know i will snap that soon...:whistle:

just logging on to tuffersonline...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I hijack this thread I'm looking for a decent hoselock fitting with a tap on it does anyone have a link or can suggest a good supplier ? Thanks

Here's another option, but It doesn't look as good as the other to be honest.
http://www.agratech.co.uk/SupaGarden-Inline-Tap-SHF55.html

Something else-

http://www.gardensite.co.uk/Aquatics/Hozelock_12ins_Inline_Hose_Tap.htm
Thanks m8, some options but I'm going to try having the hose thrown over my shoulder with the tap hanging in front of me so the less places that leak the better so will go with the first option but nice links thanks /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks m8, some options but I'm going to try having the hose thrown over my shoulder with the tap hanging in front of me so the less places that leak the better so will go with the first option but nice links thanks /emoticons/smile.png
For some reason you've rated my post as "bad spelling"?:eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png

I think @Gav may have made a mistake on the new ratings or whatever they are called if you ask me. Could lead to friction between members especially for dyslexic ppl like me :rolleyes:

Back