Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you charge?

not enough as far as i have been told and all the debt i have....means .....they are right.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and most of all....do remember....if you do a good job as i am sure you will....it will be ages before they ask to have it done again....its not quite the same as windows...

i dont do that many and the ones i did cheap were a practise run for me to prove i could do it and to see if my equip could cope etc..

..i dont advertise for them at present and now i am sure i can do them i will charge a lot more next time....the beauty of it is the few i did dirt cheap....well...it will be at least three years plus before they ask me again and all they will remember is that i did a good job and was cheap ....but they wont remember how cheap....and so...i can wack the price up...

i was to preoccupied with an hourly rate.....where as i should have stated a price for the job bearing in mind it is quite physical...

of course ...it does depend on many factors...as in ...how dirty they are and of course ease of access and an outside tap...

i did a cracker for a company recently which i was really happy with....only a small semi...very dirty but came clean with a good scrub....they also wanted the driveway weeding.....i said £100 quickly on the phone as i didnt know who they were...the email came back agreeing my price of £120 ...of course i didnt argue with that...and it was a cracker of a job...no one in and i just went at my own pace...

but to balance that....i did one big...big ...detached house for £30....impressed the neighbour...so had to do his the same rate....and impressed the neighbour...although...his were very clean and he hasnt booked me yet so his should be okay...

but ..i have proved i can do it and so now ....the price would probally start around the £60 mark as it is quite physical work and i am allergic to hard work.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Didn't think about the factors to take in to consideration ie easy access etc think I will go in a little low for the first few to see how it goes and how good I can do them /emoticons/smile.png

I've got a flow controller to hand so will knock water off where needed, I can stand hats and don't have much in the way of hair so will carry a towel [emoji23][emoji23]

Talking of access issues I've got this corner semi with an extension the size of the house again on the side to do with a full length conservatory on the original bit of the house (back only) :rolleyes:

View attachment 2933

To check & clear guttering and downspouts (rear aspect only)

To clean outside of guttering, downpipes, fascia & soffit (rear aspect only)

To deep clean conservatory roof & sides.

How much would you charge bearing in mind the fascia etc will not come clean just using pure water as is badly discoloured/stained so will need scrubbing with a chem? I know this as spent 6 hours on the one next door scrubbing the plastics by hand up a ladder to try to get them clean again:D

great idea dd a towel why didnt i think of that...its just from memory when you get carried away it does tend to rain down on you at times...

yep boar me always have a hat on me head....as a trekkie i treated myself to nx-01 sun hat....no one has a clue what it means but it means something to me...i need shade from the sun and in winter a wooly hat is essential to keep warm....its great if you get too hot to just take off your wooly hat for a bit and cool down....thanks for the reminder to dig out the woolies kit...

and my hat has saved me many a headache as i am always walking into blo ody hanging baskets at the wrong height in the summer...:oops:

and smurfy ...if i got that job now....an awful lot more than i used too.....:whistle:

it does remind me of that job i went to recently without the new extension bit...

i was too busy and didnt want it anyway as it was all green....so i told him £120....and he said...quote...i will get the wife to do it...:eek:

didnt note the bit about having to use chems and scrubbing up a ladder though ...now that is hard work...just algea on this one...but absolutely everywhere...he was the divvy who wanted me to just take the weeds out of the gutter and leave all the sh ite in them as they show up on the photos...and he couldnt even get up step ladders to take them out of the conny gutter himself.

and he was putting it up for sale...good luck with that sale then...

i am not looking for work at the mo...i want a break ...i wanna do some work on my house for a change...

Last edited by a moderator:
its one of the few things i insist on (hat/cap at all times) im not bothered if they dont wear their false teeth but id sack you if you wont wear your hat ,lol

that fascia job above of smurfs id want 150 or 200 decided on the toss of a coin

You are not far out as quoted £250 for the back only plus the cost of the conny clean - £75 roof £40 sides is what has been agreed with the customer. I mentioned the front did not look so bad so did not really need doing this time as you do /emoticons/biggrin.png

I always wear a bob the builders hard hat and hi-viz vest or jacket so to look more professional /emoticons/smile.png

its one of the few things i insist on (hat/cap at all times) im not bothered if they dont wear their false teeth but id sack you if you wont wear your hat ,lol
that fascia job above of smurfs id want 150 or 200 decided on the toss of a coin

Boar hats don't look right in me my ears are to high up lol I think they can look smart as part of a uniform but I just can't find one that fits right.

Gatdiners sent me one with my pole and although it's a nice hat it doesn't fit well

well i was going to toss the coin before i gave them the price, not right in front of them ,lol

actually thats reminded me ,tother week i had a new enquirer give me the runaround on the price and frequency of clean- i decided to give her "the toss of a coin" option ,dirt cheap for heads or totally normal price for tails -- at that point she hung up on me and refused any further contact

Haha like it, I uses to use a burger van everyday and got to the point I was winning more burgers than I paid for due to the flip coin

I don't toss coins myself as I'm in business to make money but I do like your sense of humour /emoticons/biggrin.png

well i was going to toss the coin before i gave them the price, not right in front of them ,lol
actually thats reminded me ,tother week i had a new enquirer give me the runaround on the price and frequency of clean- i decided to give her "the toss of a coin" option ,dirt cheap for heads or totally normal price for tails -- at that point she hung up on me and refused any further contact

Gatdiners sent me one with my pole and although it's a nice hat it doesn't fit well
I'm sure the hat will fit me if you don't want it /emoticons/wink.png......swap you a Gardiner Pen for a Gardiner Hat /emoticons/smile.png.

I think soft hats are a waste of time in our type of job as I've found out you need to protect your head foremost from getting bumped.

Latest Posts

Back