Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fist day as 2 man setup. disaster. .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

So today was the first day we both went out together as a 2 person setup. I have 1 pump and controller split the pipe onto 2 reels.

Ohh it was fine for 2 cleans and then the old cheap plastic reel gave in and kept bursting so its gotta go in the bin and now i have to buy a gardiner reel... more money spent but its better than getting bloomen soaked twice...

Not good then:(

I could see that being a problem running two hoses from one controller as the psi/flow rate needs to be much higher to feed two poles. The issue is greatly increased when either pole water flow is turned on/off whilst working. That's probably why they don't sell 2 man van mounts sharing one pump and controller.:rolleyes:

It is possible to run a two man system off of a single pump, and I used to do so for many years, but there are things to be careful of.

1. Get the hose and poles being used balanced. Always use the same length and type of hose for each operator. Makes sure that the poles in use are being used at a similar height. It will result in an uneven flow if one is working more than 1 storey higher than the other operator. When one user shuts the pole off the flow will increase for the other operator.

2. Ensure that your pump is powerful enough. The older Flojet Duplex 100psi was very good for this as is the newer Aquatech 100psi pumps. The Flojet Triplex pump and some of the Shuflo pumps do not have a high enough flow rate.

3. You may not need a controller at all as the flow will need to be on maximum.

4. The pump may well wear out more quickly, although I still used to get about 2-3 years from a pump used this way.

The best method is to have two pumps/controllers working independently -It is more expensive though. This also means that with a simple splitter you have a backup if one pump gives up whilst out at work.

Back