Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

I posted on here a few weeks ago about the new Gardiner backpack I'd ordered. I have been waiting on a friend who promised me pure water from a jet engine maintenance cleaner company he works for. He finally came good today with four 25 gallon barrels full. Some were concerned on here about the quality/purity of the water and I was concerned that wfp backpack system was going to be hopeless, I glad to report we were both wrong and it is the business. I like the way the new pack has a decent integrated moulded handle which some complain about on other models and I also found the thing ok strapped on my back (although it wasn't topped right up). Really looking forward to getting out cleaning again and this £220 investment has just made my job a lot safer. My original intention was just to do the occasional dodgy window, but now I'm thinking once I've got the thing set up I might as well do all the upstairs.

I wouldn't try it on yer back full up. It is very heavy & hard to get on & off yer back. A trolley is a lot easier to move it about.

Glad it all went ok

Used it in anger today, so far so good. On the back it's fairly easy to reach back and turn on and off which is handy but can't have it much more than half full before it starts getting too heavy.

Once you start reach and washing All the tops you will find the 4 25 ltr tubs go no where fast, glad you like the backpack but you'll soon find that relying on a friend for your water needs won't really work as all of a sudden your whole livelihood relies on a mate, if he is ill or goes on holiday or gets sacked your business suffers , but saying that hope all goes well for you

My backup is a large window cleaning company in Portsmouth that will supply water for £3 plus vat for every 100 gallon. Seems pretty reasonable. My intention was just to do the ones i couldn't safely reach, it's a bit of a new toy at the moment so the first 100 gallons are not going to last more than a few days.

My backup is a large window cleaning company in Portsmouth that will supply water for £3 plus vat for every 100 gallon. Seems pretty reasonable. My intention was just to do the ones i couldn't safely reach, it's a bit of a new toy at the moment so the first 100 gallons are not going to last more than a few days.
Glad you've sorted a back up plan m8.

I use one that came out of B&Q. Think it was £19.99 but it was a while ago. Folds down nice & flat when not using it & work brill. Hold the backpack on with bungees. Think maplins do them to but a bit more expensive.

Latest Posts

Back