Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gaining commercial work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andy1992

Awryt lads,

What is the best way of gaining commercial work.do u canvass just the way u would for residential. What's the process like in terms of speaking to key decision makers and sealing the deal.cheers

yeh i do live in hope....i have been off about ten years and before that i had a load of housing associations work...very good i liked it but keeping up to date with the invoices was hard work....and ....you never know whats coming next....

i get the odd call like....can you clean inside sandbach swimming pool....i gave that a miss......but you never know whats coming...and another was a massive posh hall in sandbach centre but it had just been refurbed and it was in and out and....all leaded...and heavy leads at that....so i let that go...but...i live in hope..

i do keep looking at some industrial units around here which look dirty and thinking i will pop a note through...but have been too busy of late to chase work...cant grumble...:Dneed the money...

I have tried a few tactics, cold calling, cold letters/e-mails, flyers. The best really though is word of mouth, I know that doesn't help but once you get one the others pile up.

Try your local pub and if you see a new cafe, restaurant or pub opening get your flyer in there as soon as possible.

I've had a few commercial enquires come through my website too but have turned most of them away....Done a @cheapncheerful runner as they say /emoticons/biggrin.png

Regarding cold calling be it by phone or by foot I suppose you need to think about what type of work you want to take on to target your marketing efforts. After saying that I'm way too lazy for all of that now.

Word of mouth is best

I used to do blockbuster through a friend of the wifes

Then the other units saw me and got chatting..blockbuster gone now but I do pets at home, tilestore and blue arrow all together off the back of it

Most business use the internet these days . Cold calling on business is harder as finding the guy or gal who is in charge the maintains can be tricky . Sometimes with commercial work is who you know .

Back