Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What pipe to plumb your van system?

W

WWC

I was thinking of re-plumbing my van system.

I have everything plumbed with garden hose, and was thinkinging that I might use solid plastic plumbing pipe instead. What does anyone else use that doesn't use garden hose?

I need to use something that I can get appropriate fittings for of course.

The water goes from the tank via a filter to the pump, then feeds into a couple of di vessels, then to my gas water heater, then the hose reel.

Mine was done by pure freedom using a black rubber type hose when my system was fitted, but I also have some of the clear braided hose for the waste pipe and that is strong! I suppose they use black to stop any algae forming in the pipes :thumbsup:

I was thinking of re-plumbing my van system.
I have everything plumbed with garden hose, and was thinkinging that I might use solid plastic plumbing pipe instead. What does anyone else use that doesn't use garden hose?

I need to use something that I can get appropriate fittings for of course.

The water goes from the tank via a filter to the pump, then feeds into a couple of di vessels, then to my gas water heater, then the hose reel.
Not had a problem with my braided garden hose, so never thought about replacing it. Plus it's flexible, so if it gets knocked, it don't break.

Touring caravans use solid pipe - well that stuff that comes in coils. 12mm outside diameter / 9mm inside and john guest fittings. It seems a bit narrow to me though.

Back