Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employee woes

B

boarcity

dyou think this was a flippin cheek?

. was driving along in my van, 4 up in the van , and 1 of my lads take a phone call. it goes on for ages and i suddenly realize its somebody interviewing him for a new job somewhere.

hes telling them "yes,i can start anytime"

what would you do in that situation?

That is really taking the peesh. I would have been fuming. Didnt you have a word with him?. I cant see him being a committed member of your team boar....would be tempted to tell him to walk....though he may have done that already.

I woule have asked him in private not in front of the others.IF he wants to change fine but not next day without some kind of notice.

i was gobsmacked , i still am. whoever it was speaking to him was talking about getting a visa so im thinkin its a job abroad,maybe its even a working holiday scam as they wanted him to pay by the sounds of it . id normally offer friendly advice but in this case will let him get in deep sh/t

he said nothing to me, it was as if i didnt exist. total disrespect

i dont want to sack him on the spot just yet as we are working flat out at the minute, but i must put in hand getting his replacement.

till then i will be making sure he does much more than his fair share of the work

Such a lack of respect Boar, honesty is the best policy. If you ever need lads to help, I could get my son to ask his mates, they are all 16, and just left school. they are all in 6 form, as they have no choice anymore, but most don't go in 5 days a week.

That's really bad mate. I would talk to him to make sure you haven't got your wires crossed, but if that's what it was I would sack him off.

I would have kicked him out the van

Pity I'm so far away boar..I'd help you out (dont think you could afford me though)/emoticons/biggrin.png

To be honest it was none of your business who he was speaking too.

dyou think this was a flippin cheek?
. was driving along in my van, 4 up in the van , and 1 of my lads take a phone call. it goes on for ages and i suddenly realize its somebody interviewing him for a new job somewhere.

hes telling them "yes,i can start anytime"

what would you do in that situation?

Unfair dismissal ! Beware.

You need to have a private chat.

Maybe he's gonna give you a months notice?

Up the workers!

Employment law can be a minefield for sure @SPC

Indeed... up the workers /emoticons/biggrin.png

hes going to be "head down ,**** up " working extra hard for me ,for the foreseeable future

hes been with me exactly 1 year and it took 6 months to lick him into shape to where hes now a very good window cleaner with a bit of attitude but who hasnt attitude when your 18 . im not over worried ,if i have to start again with a newbie so be it . maybe get a vicars son next time?,raise the standard - i get dog tired of hearing foul language amongst my crew [out of customers earshot ]

hes been with me exactly 1 year and it took 6 months to lick him into shape to where hes now a very good window cleaner with a bit of attitude but who hasnt attitude when your 18 . im not over worried ,if i have to start again with a newbie so be it . maybe get a vicars son next time?,raise the standard - i get dog tired of hearing foul language amongst my crew [out of customers earshot ]
That's always struck me as being the hardest part about employing people. Putting in time, patience, money, and knowledge, only to have them go off and work for themselves or even a competitor.

yeh just you wait til you get your wfp running.the air will go blue..that bloody hose....i pulled the other day and it wouldnt come....i went to see why and it was making a baby hose with the custys hose pipe../emoticons/biggrin.png

boy does it love to tangle...

You wouldn't like my london gutter mouth then boar:whistle:
heheh id let it go if you sang "maybe its becos im a londoner"

several times iv had to say to my crew, "look here ,stop fookin swearing "

Latest Posts

Back