Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you clean big window on the second floor

rshandyman

how do you clean big window on the second floor if you cannot reach all of the glass in one go from the ladder ( traditional method only)?

Short handle extension pole. Or break the window up into 2 or more sections, making sure you overlap so you don't miss anything.

that is what I do break in to part, only problem is that you need to go down and move ladder again:confused:
Its the same with everything-so long as you price it right then you're ok. If you normally charge a pound a window, but you have to move your ladder 4 times, then the price should be £4.

Sometimes if you put the ladder above the wimdow it gives the extra reach to do it all from the 1 place

You cannot charge what you want, 'wfp cleaners' charge so little that I cannot compete because they can clean one window in 20 seconds...ladders take much longer to setup on second floor...

You don't always need to compete on price. I have customers whinge at the price all the time, but I just stick to my guns, if they were to mention what another cleaner (WFP) was charging, then I would explain that it takes me longer since I am nose to glass working on the little details- in other words selling my service.

Luckily around here the pole cleaners charge the same as trad or in some cases more.

In my area they are chep. Commercial block of flats- 6 of them 3 bedroom ones.2 story with balconies-58 pounds...custys think about what they pay most of the time not many care what method.

Wfp boys round here charge more and 1 company in question I get nothing but complaints about and asked for my card while tradding next door

nothing against wfp but the same with trad..if you're gonna do a job do it PROPERLY

You cannot charge what you want, 'wfp cleaners' charge so little that I cannot compete because they can clean one window in 20 seconds...ladders take much longer to setup on second floor...
round my way the wfpolers charge more

I went to 3 bed house with small conservatory on the back for quotation.They said that wfp guy charge 16 pound for the house and conservatory roof and sides.I could not match that.trad would take around 2 hours...

I always clean large ground floor windows in sections and with the ladder placed above the window if possible as it provides extra reach....and is also safer. I am intrigued about A ladders though.....never used one. Presumably you would place it above the top frame. How does it make things quicker...is it that it provides more access to the glass. Is it just as stable as a regular ladder.

They r very safe, been window cleaning 27yrs and using a A frame for the last 7. Wish I had discovered them sooner. Because it has a point u can put at an angle, u rest them on a window frame so u r not reaching as much instead.

Back