Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ĺeaving my trollie in car

A

abs

Breaking all the bones in my body with this lifting water in and out ,

My trolley is a 35ltr beast and when empty I can't swap containers I have to pour the new water back in.

I'm wanting to try leaving it in my car and buying a reel and hose and working it like it's a van mount, what I'm needing is a way of getting water back into the trolley when it's empty without removing it from the car , does anyone do this ? Or have any suggestions ? Cheers fellas

Submersible 12v dc whale pump? Drop it into your water storage tank or drums and pump into your trolley? You'll need another battery. It'd take 2 mins to fill your trolley. *** break.

On big jobs, I take my trolley out and let gravity feed the water from my tank into the trolley, sometimes through ro vessels.

Is this what you use?

wc_tsr35_small.jpg

Unfortunately that's the main issue with using a fix tank trolley. Plus the pump & controller is built in so it can't be used static in a car/van to suck water from other containers/tank without taking those bits out.

I also don't think that chepo pump & controller is man/durable enough to add a normal decent length wfp hose real be it micro or mini bore. That's the main reason why I went with a purefreedom trolley in the end as the pump & controller is the same as you would find fitted to a van mount so can handle being used daily static or as a trolley.

Your best bet is to consider building your own pump box instead using decent parts. At least that way you don't need to take your trolley apart and there is no need to keep filling that trolley tank..

Breaking all the bones in my body with this lifting water in and out ,My trolley is a 35ltr beast and when empty I can't swap containers I have to pour the new water back in.

I'm wanting to try leaving it in my car and buying a reel and hose and working it like it's a van mount, what I'm needing is a way of getting water back into the trolley when it's empty without removing it from the car , does anyone do this ? Or have any suggestions ? Cheers fellas

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it yes m8, ow well just a idea , I don't really fancy building it myself as I will be going for a van next year , I want quite sure if it was upto the job but the system itself as a stand alone trolly is brilliant

Thanks smurf.

yep pura...i got that problem too...and i dont like wastin my precious pure...also ...when you pour...it glugs..:eek:

there was a drill attachment pump cheap somewhere which you could just put hose on both ends but not seen it for a while...

i have planned my work on monday so i truck around as far from the car as poss and work towards it...for my replacement barrels....but..will 68 litres be enough...well we shall see:rolleyes: as...when its gone its gone...

yeh spc gavs swear software wont allow you to say fa g but your allowed to say cig...hmmm i wonder whats wrong with fa g...:whistle:

It was a fluke when I started out wfp that I went for a pump box, but glad I did because you can be versatile and use on a trolley when needed and out of car when suitable. To me a fixed trolley system will be short term, my advise to anyone going wfp is to look ahead and buy for what you aim to achieve within reason if you have the money to do that.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

It was a fluke when I started out wfp that I went for a pump box, but glad I did because you can be versatile and use on a trolley when needed and out of car when suitable. To me a fixed trolley system will be short term, my advise to anyone going wfp is to look ahead and buy for what you aim to achieve within reason if you have the money to do that.Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
I started out with a very small budget and a very small business, I got my trolley system because I gained a £170 a month job that relied on it , now my business is at a size I'm happy with but not exactly at a size to convince my wife to swap our 7 seater for a van , think I'm going to get my hands on a reel and try it anyway,

I may get a pump box next year when I do get a van , they look fantastic

Just looked at my pump and it's 12v 70 psi van systems are usually 100 psi aren't they ?

I run mine out estate car, and on trolley, you will find it allot easier from the car. But some jobs cant be avoided with trolley. To save leaving boot open when running from car I have ran a hose through where spare wheel is, there was a rubber seal on the floor of the spare wheel bay ran it through that then attached it to bumper neatly with a hozelock fitting on end and run my reel of that as it was a pain keeping boot open all the time. I also have a stop valve in reel hose to save going back to car a switching of controller. The other end of hose in the car is attached to small di tank in the car. I run out of 25 ltr barrels but am looking to put a tank in a trailer soon. Just a thought, You could build your own pump box allot cheaper than you can buy them made up.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at my pump and it's 12v 70 psi van systems are usually 100 psi aren't they ?
Yeh mine is 100 in pump box I would say 70 psi is pretty good for a fixed trolley system.

Yei I thought it was a pretty good pump I also have a 5 position analogue controller and I constantly work at setting 1 and that does 36ft with 4 more setting to go I'm pretty confident if will work as a static with a hose ,

Just so you are aware it will probably work to a degree but there is a much greater load put on a pump when trying to run through say 100m of microbore hose on a reel. Therefore after saying that I'm not convinced the chepo china pump & controller inside that trolley will last very long at all.

Yei I thought it was a pretty good pump I also have a 5 position analogue controller and I constantly work at setting 1 and that does 36ft with 4 more setting to go I'm pretty confident if will work as a static with a hose ,

Just so you are aware it will probably work to a degree but there is a much greater load put on a pump when trying to run through say 100m of microbore hose on a reel. Therefore after saying that I'm not convinced the chepo china pump & controller inside that trolley will last very long at all.
I'll let you know when it breaks /emoticons/smile.png

Still might be worth getting the quality bits you need to make a pump box sooner rather than later as they are not that expensive.

Still might be worth getting the quality bits you need to make a pump box sooner rather than later as they are not that expensive.
Next on my list as I will use it in van /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for info smurf

Back