Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bird poo dangers

Andy OC

Sadly a very good friend of mine passed away yesterday morning in France. He died from pneumonia, this was brought on by a bacteria that also made his body to weak to fight it. The bacteria was from bird poo! He was a French farmer and came into contact with this on a daily basis. However, I have often come into contact with birds poo on windows, I will certainly be treating it with a lot more respect than I have in the past! Just a warning to you all.

how old was he?

i can remember the the famous Fred Dibnah got seriously ill after he put on his cap shortly after having dropped said cap into a puddle that had a little bird poo in it

cant b to carefull these days if it ant one thing its a nother some one died of leagnaires desese not long ago frm wfp so i hurd on fb sory to here about ur friend

hi sorry about your friend and most all thanks for the warning..

.i often worry about my bad habit of getting bits off by wetting my finger in my mouth...i am changing it ..after all...its usually spider poop and not good to put in your mouth...i now have it right and wet it on my applicator..

yeh boar one of my heroes our fred...i saw that programme...he was really bad off his pigeon poo cap...

i am always being cut up ...my leg looks like i have been in a fight with a razor bush...and i dont even remember it....but you gotta be careful out there....especially doing a smurfy hand job...er...no not that....i mean cleaning out the gutters...that sh ite gets everywhere...and easy in your face at times....

thinking about it....i must charge danger money...thats it ...up the prices...:thumbsup:

yep i own up to that one duncs...:rolleyes:...even worse...i sometimes not having my equip...wipe it away with my hanky....and of course once back in the pocket...i forget...:eek:

Back