Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Feed back on my website

Hayden

Afternoon all, first Saturday I haven't had work in my weekday job for awhile so I've spent some time getting even closer to go out window cleaning! Unfortunately my car that I was gonna use has broken down, clutch has gone so that is a massive set back /emoticons/sad.png !

But on the up side I've been playing around with one of them free / website builders this afternoon and I think it looks good but I would like some of your feedback if possible! If I decide to use it I will pay for a domain and get rid of all the ads!

Its still not 100% finished yet, I need to get out so I can get some of my own pictures, I hate borrowing them off google!! Any feedback is welcome, negative and positive of course /emoticons/smile.png

Temp URL is http://hayden1993.wix.com/testing

Sorry to hear about your car bud...that's a real bummer /emoticons/sad.png

Site is looking good so far :thumbsup:

However after saying that I'm not sure if wix built sites are that great on search engine optimisation. But I'm sure @Njones will be along in a mo to throw some more light on the subject.

Sorry to hear about your car bud...that's a real bummer /emoticons/sad.png
Site is looking good so far :thumbsup:

However after saying that I'm not sure if wix built sites are that great on search engine optimisation. But I'm sure @Njones will be along in a mo to throw some more light on the subject.
Thanks, hopefully will be sorted in a couple of weeks, just got to find someone to do it without asking the bank for a mortgage LOL

I agree, WIX wont be as good on the old search engine but I couldn't be bothered to build one from scratch, i'm such a perfectionist so it would have taken ages but I know I will end up changing my mind. lol

Before I signed up with WIX I downloaded a website template and uploaded that, I'm still half tempted to go with that purely for cost & reliability side (www.streak3windows.co.uk)

WIX COST = 12 x £7.76

TEMPLATE = 12 x £2.50

The other benefit of using the template is that the files are mine, and I can move host anytime I want to.

I think I answered my own tread there? haha

For google, wix isn't great - - but you know what, its still an awful lot better than no website at all!

The best way to build a site though is usually wordpress, get a nice professional theme & you can work wonders with it, AND make it very search engine friendly too. /emoticons/wink.png

you now need to cane the website exposure so it gets noticed. ie link your website everywhere and anywhere , facebook , twitter all the free listings such as freeindex ,

online directorys such as brownbook , redbook,uncle tom tits book, well that ones not true but you get the jist . put a link on ur gumtree , adtrader , friday ad etc

Nat can you put a link to your site again on here as I forgot what it was. Cheers /emoticons/wink.png

For google, wix isn't great - - but you know what, its still an awful lot better than no website at all!
The best way to build a site though is usually wordpress, get a nice professional theme & you can work wonders with it, AND make it very search engine friendly too. /emoticons/wink.png

Good idea....

myself I've never had to do that as the sites I've built in the past that have good content also good seo have always found there way quite quickly onto the first pages of google

you now need to cane the website exposure so it gets noticed. ie link your website everywhere and anywhere , facebook , twitter all the free listings such as freeindex ,online directorys such as brownbook , redbook,uncle tom tits book, well that ones not true but you get the jist . put a link on ur gumtree , adtrader , friday ad etc

Not read the other replies yet. Fascia is spelt wrong.

We understand this isn't always possible due commitments we all have so we will do out best to work with your time schedule.

Should read; We understand this isn't possible due to commitments we all have, so we will do our best to work within your time schedule.

I think its gonna be some time before I get the hang of word press, when I get a chance I'll download Dreamweaver and try it from that approach. I learnt basic HTML / PHP / MYSQL is college so that should be a laugh haha

Thanks Tuffers, surprised you didn't spot anymore to be honest lol

Looks just as good and professional as the rest , nice site /emoticons/smile.png like the pics too

LOL - its basically the same, just aimed at the American market,.. those Americans are loaded!! /emoticons/smile.png

Unlike some of us tight **** Brits /emoticons/biggrin.png

Have you not thought about creating a selection of wordpress window cleaning generic templates to sell online too?

Back