Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Arriving too late

B

boarcity

for a regular clean, who really cares

well this lady did. i got a new customer ,all very normal ,the only trouble was she wanted us there before 9a.m. we dont normally hit the glass till 9 sharp but on this occasion,as she was brand new , we got there 10 to 9 and all was well, made the workers tea and explained how her hubby works nights and gets home 0915 goes straight to bed doesnt want waking by us lot . "But i see because you work quickly , as long as your here first job in the morning after 9 thatll be allrite and heres a tip",thank you very much

next clean arrives and i drive to it like a madman arriving 0910 ,tell my workers get cracking and they start pulling the ladders off sharpish. theres a car on the drive with its engine running ,i touch the wing on my way to the door and its red hot,but i think nothing of it

so i knock on the front door to ask the lady to unlock the side gate ,she comes and immediately speaks

"oh nooo, youre TOO LATE, my husbands already in bed ,he doesnt want to be disturbed"

"but he cant be asleep by now ,can he??,his engines still running, he must have ran upstairs ?"

yes he is,you will have to come earlier another time....

YEH RITE!

Its such a shame when you have to lose a customer just because they don't understand how the system works- the system being that we will do what we can to accommodate, but we gave up being told what to do when we left school. There's not enough money in this game to mess about like that. I lost a customer this month for the same reason- she doesn't know it yet, but she'll soon figure it out in a few months. /emoticons/wink.png

I've worked nights when I was younger. It naked you mad and grumpy.

Why don't you just do it at 8am, no dramas then. Or the end of the day 6ish?

Thanks for sharing but to be honest I'm very surprised you took that job on in the first place. After all you knew in advance they were probably going to be a real pain in the **** but you still took them on.

I bet they do that to every window cleaner too as if the true be known they probably don't really want a regular clean anyway /emoticons/biggrin.png

i thought perhaps the "must be early" was just to test me out ,see if i was keen to please .i always go the extra mile on the 1st visit as we all do

i didnt realize how important the earliness was ,and almost bet that her hubby raced home earlier than normal,beat me to it ,and then saw us coming up the road , left his engine running in his haste to get out of sight,

ran inside , leapt the stairs and dived into bed [with clothes on praps!}

Last edited:
i should have done yes!

i got my usual childish revenge, pushing 2 twigs deep into the front door lock

The commandant strikes her off!!!
jawohl ! the eagle has landed [ do the striking off in a theatrical manner ,strike a pose , the suffolk gruppenfuhrer must be ruthless ]

Last edited:
my new policy is i cant give a time fullstop....if i try ...it all goes wrong....the other day...i jumped in the shower to see the drain was blocked and i mean..really blocked...any effort off pocking with a bendy garden cane produced no result so the panel had to come off , the u bend unplugged....and me....doing a lot of :puke::puke::puke: noises as i pulled out a foot long stinking mix of :turd:ey stuff...

after that i had my shower and took it over to show off to my mate working over the road...and of course we had to have a little natter....it was twelve when i started..ooops...did i say ten thirty..sorry madam...bloody traffic:whistle:

great story boar....

my new policy is i cant give a time fullstop....if i try ...it all goes wrong....the other day...i jumped in the shower to see the drain was blocked and i mean..really blocked...any effort off pocking with a bendy garden cane produced no result so the panel had to come off , the u bend unplugged....and me....doing a lot of :puke::puke::puke: noises as i pulled out a foot long stinking mix of :turd:ey stuff...
after that i had my shower and took it over to show off to my mate working over the road...and of course we had to have a little natter....it was twelve when i started..ooops...did i say ten thirty..sorry madam...bloody traffic:whistle:

great story boar....
"Before lunch", or "after lunch" are the only times I give. Then they ask; "When's lunch"? ...Reply: "Any time between 11:00 and 2:00". /emoticons/biggrin.png

Works every time.

Many moons ago I work nights for a few years and I had no problem with our window cleaner or anything else disturbing my sleep. Mind you I was totally knackered by the time I got into bed so would sleep through most things /emoticons/biggrin.png

great story boar....
cheap that reminds me many years ago had same problem bath waste blocked any way could,int get it sorted called local plumber.

as he looked at me strange look on his face " got your broblem lad all your hair has went down the plug hol"e.

ball of hair blocking the pipe

Back