Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Our most active visiting countries this month!

Gav, Are these unique visits or does it include same folks coming back?

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

These are sessions which is any visit to the site. Google analytic's has changed from visits and unique visits to sessions and users. Our monthly unique (users) is just under 5000 a month.

New users vs returning is this View attachment 2972

Whats trade like In New Zealand Declan
Hi MrTayTay. Yeah, it's not bad. Think it's slightly different to the UK though in the respect that people seem to only get their windows cleaned maybe once or twice a year at most, and we don't really have many of the terraced house style homes here - most homes are standalone with 4 sides to clean. Ended up doing window cleaning by accident really - used to do glass graffiti removal but an earthquake here took away most of our customer base. Never really considered window cleaning to be a viable option beforehand!

Hi MrTayTay. Yeais plenty, it's not bad. Think it's slightly different to the UK though in the respect that people seem to only get their windows cleaned maybe once or twice a year at most, and we don't really have many of the terraced house style homes here - most homes are standalone with 4 sides to clean. Ended up doing window cleaning by accident really - used to do glass graffiti removal but an earthquake here took away most of our customer base. Never really considered window cleaning to be a viable option beforehand!
Windows done once or twice a year...they must be filthy. There Is plenty of business over here Declan, from back to back terraces to large country houses. Luckily, no earthquakes though

Windows done once or twice a year...they must be filthy. There Is plenty of business over here Declan, from back to back terraces to large country houses. Luckily, no earthquakes though
Haha, yes, they can be quite dirty. I think it's a mindset thing - people just don't seem to want them done more often. The most frequent I've ever seen is a customer wanting them cleaned every 3 months.

I see you're a home brewer? That's something I'd like to get into - tried making cider once but it was borderline vinegar....

Hi Declan, do you run something else alongside window cleaning aswel because ide imagine you would need alot of customers if they only get done every few months?

Hi Declan, do you run something else alongside window cleaning aswel because ide imagine you would need alot of customers if they only get done every few months?Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
Hi Seye. Yes, I totally need to. Still do the odd bit of glass scratch removal but do commercial work in the mornings, and then either gutter cleaning, shower glass restoration or residential window cleaning during the afternoons etc.

hey declan mc...we need more!!!!!! do us a post on glass scratch removal....very interesting for us lot./emoticons/biggrin.png

all i have...is ...toothpaste...so they say..:rolleyes:you let it dry and buff it off....also heard of jewelers rouge...believe scratch removal takes a steady hand and a long long time....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jewellers rouge with a calico buff I would think, cnc, please don't go quoting a scratched Payne of glass for your own sake!!

hey declan mc...we need more!!!!!! do us a post on glass scratch removal....very interesting for us lot./emoticons/biggrin.png
all i have...is ...toothpaste...so they say..:rolleyes:you let it dry and buff it off....also heard of jewelers rouge...believe scratch removal takes a steady hand and a long long time....
What do you want to know cnc? You're right about it taking a long time, patience is a must with this lark. Basically, you sand the glass back to the level of the scratch, then use progressively finer grit abrasive to blend the grinded area into the rest of the glass. After that, you polish with cerium oxide or jewellers rouge as seye suggests. It's a great way of saving glass from going to landfill and is usually much cheaper for the client too.

Back