Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Verbally abused by a 10 year old window cleaner...

TolishAPurd

So I turn up at a house to do a first clean and just as I'm walking round the back I see an old blue 'people carrier' driving past with the tell tale ladder on the roof rack, so I instantly clocked him as a windy. I didn't acknowledge him or anything as he was just driving past, and I had never met him before anyway. So I did the back of the house and moved round to the front about 10 mins later and just as I started on the downstairs windows I clocked him at the corner of my eye driving past again. But carried on working. All of a sudden I heard....

....DON'T FORGET THE CORNERS!!!

I looked round ready to give my default response "Fu** off C**nto!", but when I looked round, it turned out to be the windies 10 year old lad hanging out of the window with a huge cheeky grin on his face. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was ******* myself for the next half hour because of that. Its the little things that cheer you up on a day. /emoticons/smile.png

life ....you couldnt make it up...cracker tolish as usual.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and of course....there is always...you must be in the navy....i wont insult you by finishing it off..

I haven't bumped into another windy while working for a long time now. It really can get lonely on the windows sometimes, but then that's half the attraction for me as I like my own company, even though I'm a bellend. /emoticons/biggrin.png

yep me a bellend too....well....i likes being by myself...as long as i got my music.../emoticons/biggrin.png

as for trying to avoid neighbours.....hmmm..its very hard.....they just keep popping out to say hi....and i think...theres another half hour of my life gone...../emoticons/biggrin.png

Cnc I'm dreading tomorrow morning got an ex farmhouse to clean, customer though a decent woman is in her early 50s but the job takes double the time it should due to her yapping away, I try and time it so she's not in when I turn up. I've got time for any one but this is just awefull subtle hints like I best crack on don't work. I keep saying to myself when I get new customers to the value of this job I'm giving it up but I have new customers 10 times over the value but cant seem to give it up.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

I bet that windy driving the car was ******* himself lol.

I think a lot of us windies must like our own company. Thats one of the reasons why I have decided not to take anyone on. I just likes it on me own and there are plenty of customers who want a conversation, as we all know. I even enjoy my little rain breaks, sat in the car, cuppa and a biscuit, daydreaming as usual and playing about with me internet phone:rolleyes:

I bet that windy driving the car was ******* himself lol.
I think a lot of us windies must like our own company. Thats one of the reasons why I have decided not to take anyone on. I just likes it on me own and there are plenty of customers who want a conversation, as we all know. I even enjoy my little rain breaks, sat in the car, cuppa and a biscuit, daydreaming as usual and playing about with me internet phone:rolleyes:
I'm the same with all of that mate. I love the fact that your van becomes your office for the day. I like parking up for lunch and sitting to watch the milfs and the student go by while I'm munching on a scotch egg. The only thing I could do with is a porta-loo, so I can grow a tail in the back of the van instead of sloping off to the pub or shop./emoticons/biggrin.png

i had 3 yrs on my own ,yes theres something to be said for it but boy i got lonely too. i dont regret employing ,well when ive had a deadbeat on board i really did regret it ,

one in particular Steven "the gasser" , friend of the late night dj ,who was a non stop opinionated talker did my head in,he even shouted over the rooftops ,wanting a "yes or no ?" so he could then disagree and tell me in detail why not .

itsnc I'm dreading tomorrow morning got an ex farmhouse to clean, customer though a decent woman is in her early 50s but the job takes double the time it should due to her yapping away, I try and time it so she's not in when I turn up. I've got time for any one but this is just awefull subtle hints like I best crack on don't work. I keep saying to myself when I get new customers to the value of this job I'm giving it up but I have new customers 10 times over the value but cant seem to give it up.Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk
I have a few customers like that seye.....Its painful

i had 3 yrs on my own ,yes theres something to be said for it but boy i got lonely too. i dont regret employing ,well when ive had a deadbeat on board i really did regret it ,one in particular Steven "the gasser" , friend of the late night dj ,who was a non stop opinionated talker did my head in,he even shouted over the rooftops ,wanting a "yes or no ?" so he could then disagree and tell me in detail why not .
That would have done my head In boar

yep seye.....cant help you with that one....its ....er....very tricky...and your probably like me and dont want to be rude....the wife she can be and she just gets hello out of next door....me....i lose half an hour listening to all her ills and pains...:eek:

yeh boar he sounds very like my brother and i had to work with him when i worked for my dad,.....did my head in...oh it was so so so good when i didnt have to share a bedroom with him..:Donce a year at xmas....is too much...but i hide as much as i can..

2.29am post boar.........couldnt ya sleep...:zzz:

Well I though ya dancer I've got away with it this morning and just as the though entered my head there she was to babel on and on and on........................... I even said I'm going to have to have to get on I'm just heading into Glasgow to work after this, did it make a difference errr no. Having said that I did go on to have a successful day.

yep...i was rushing to an appointment just as ze mad greek lady was coming down the street....and that cost me ten minutes...in the end...i just said....i have to go....i am far too soft...i couldnt believe the timing though...a few minutes either way and i would have been safe...well at least its done for the month../emoticons/biggrin.png i have to live with the mad greek lady opposite:eek:..not that i understand a word she says but i just say yes every now and then..

I spent a good 45 minutes in one ladies kitchen today, having a brew whilst she told me of her troubles with the neighbours. She kept breaking into tears. I felt really sorry for her and felt it was the right to sit and listen to her rather than cracking on with the job. It put me behind, but hey ho!. I should have been a vicar!

yep...i was rushing to an appointment just as ze mad greek lady was coming down the street....and that cost me ten minutes...in the end...i just said....i have to go....i am far too soft...i couldnt believe the timing though...a few minutes either way and i would have been safe...well at least its done for the month../emoticons/biggrin.png i have to live with the mad greek lady opposite:eek:..not that i understand a word she says but i just say yes every now and then..

its amazing how fast time can fly having a brew..on my old peeps i have to duck and dive and say oh i have just had one thanks as if i get caught it can naff up the whole day....i remember one old lady...she was telling my how her first husband tried to kill her.:eek:.and i was oh...but....then when she said her second husband tried to kill her..:eek:...hmmmmmm i wonder why?

I spent a good 45 minutes in one ladies kitchen today, having a brew whilst she told me of her troubles with the neighbours. She kept breaking into tears. I felt really sorry for her and felt it was the right to sit and listen to her rather than cracking on with the job. It put me behind, but hey ho!. I should have been a vicar!
or a judge :thumbsup:

did she have individual wrapped chocolate biscuits marty

There are things our customers tell us that they would never tell their nearest and dearest! The things I know about some of my customers and their neighbours could get them locked up! You have to be a priest in a confessional sometimes!

Latest Posts

Back