Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bloody hell what have i done... help!

Diwrnach

OK I got a job today I didn't really want, I quoted what I thought was very high and she still wanted it.... sigh. Need advice on how to tackle these windows, they are the same all round, inside AND outside, and she wants inside and out cleaning. Any and all advice more than welcome. View attachment 2968

you know what i would do...but i have to say...for outsides...wfp is fast on them little pia squares......./emoticons/biggrin.png

i hope i dont get nightmares tonight.....

I do an estate with the fake Georgian upvc struts on the outside of the windows and to be honest I hate doing em as they are a right pain!

Can't WFP them, don't have it set up yet, thing is I explained I was setting up WFP in a few weeks and it would be much easier and cheaper, but she has a party and just had building work done so they are really dirty.

I want to do the job as she will then be a regular and I'll have WFP shortly, plus where she is I turned up a couple of hours early and put out some flyers, they are all massive houses that would be easily £25-£30 each to do, loads of them all in a big row, all with leaded windows, and every single one of them filthy!

I can smell the money from here, so really want to do a good job on this if I can.

So is it cloth to put on water and fairy, then a microfiber to clean it off? not sure how else to do it.

Just get your smallest squeegee.cut down applicator ànd crack on..easy peasy

Don't know what the fuss is about..lol

I do a 3 story townhouse like that with velux on the roof..only takes an hour

yeh i use a wet microfiber or scrim first and then spray and polish off...you can even blade em...if your fast...oh not a windys favorite job for certain.yep me not like littles squares and leads....but....it is good to keep my hand in occasionally ...i have a four inch squeegee i use all the time..../emoticons/biggrin.png

er if you think that is bad....i had one house so big all little squares took one day in and one day out.....you should have seen my face as i walked down the drive...but once you start...it soon passes....wouldnt mind but she was not a good payer...

Last edited by a moderator:
try using edge of

yeh i use a wet microfiber or scrim first and then spray and polish off...you can even blade em...if your fast...oh not a windys favorite job for certain.yep me not like littles squares and leads....but....it is good to keep my hand in occasionally ...i have a four inch squeegee i use all the time..../emoticons/biggrin.png
its not how big it is but how ya use it :rolleyes:

Just thought, I actually have a really cheap **** channel I could cut down to the exact width and stick a decent rubber in it.

great idea Diwrnach if you plan on keep doing the job take your time to get an exact fit..so much easier then...i just love it when my blade just fits the window..:thumbsup:

in fact
ta....when i eventually do clean out my famous skittle covered box in the boot i will think about cutting special channels just for special jobs....as i will use it every month..

I would either use a soaped up microfibre cloth or folded t bar cloth to wash then pre dry and final dry with dry microfibre cloth sounds labourius but you can get done quick when you get into the swing of it.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Back