Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Collecting alternatives?

JBC88

Hi all I know some cleaners don't do collecting anymore and it sounds great. I want to stop collecting myself and free up time for family etc.

Iv thought of leaving self addressed envelopes for people to send cheques with slips for paying online if they prefer. Do any of you do this how successful as it been for getting paid on time?

I already have some customers paying online but some aren't very prompt with payment. What's best way of dealing with that?

Some cleaners charge extra if payment isn't made within a few days of cleaning I think that would encourage customers to pay on time but also think it could put customers off the service altogether. What do you guys think? Any advice would be appreciated!

I have a website with a paypal tab. Almost all my payments go through paypal,or I just pre arrange for them to leave money under a plantpot/mat. I've never had anyone not want to use those, and tbh I wouldn't take on anyone that expects me to collect or give a stamped envelope.

I do BACS and SAE. Some are hopeless at paying this way too. If I go collecting and miss some, I'll try again when passing. If I can't catch them I'll double up next time, unless it's a high priced job. I don't really want to be asking for say £30 x2 as I think it can have a potential of a cancellation or less frequent cleans.

Guest boarcity

Bacs works best for me . or cheque or cash in the post . cash under a housebrick/mat or cash at the door . thats more than enough options

i know the biggest windie firm in my area wont take cash at the door -it all has to be sent thru a P.O. BOX , now this isnt very popular and iv raked in a fair few customers who hated the P.O.BOX / permanent answering machine options for queries from this firm.

yep me dont work for nowt....pay up or bog off....working well for me..some people need a reminder though...grrr.....

hmmm defo dodgy one at the mo...from last friday ...owes me £160....oh yes i will pay online....so i sent a text with my bank details and she answers.....still no money...so i called in today to give her a card and say i have put my bank details on it for you.....hmmm....that lawnmower around the back is heading for my boot soon if she dont pay up....sssshhhh its a secret...:rolleyes:

• Like 3
yep me dont work for nowt....pay up or bog off....working well for me..some people need a reminder though...grrr.....

hmmm defo dodgy one at the mo...from last friday ...owes me £160....oh yes i will pay online....so i sent a text with my bank details and she answers.....still no money...so i called in today to give her a card and say i have put my bank details on it for you.....hmmm....that lawnmower around the back is heading for my boot soon if she dont pay up....sssshhhh its a secret...:rolleyes:

Owes £160 :eek: I have one I dumped for not paying for 4 cleans (paid in the end) but I always inadvertently spray a bit of water over her house as I walk past while doing the neighbours either side :whistle:.

yeh never happened to me before.....i must insist on payment on the day.....er ...dont think i will be doing her own house in and out if she doesnt pay up....knowing my luck ...she has moved the lawnmower into the garage....suppose i will have to dismantle the greenhouse then..:D

Thanks for replies guys I think bacs is the way to go live. I don't use PayPal and bacs is easy enough for people to do.

As for getting paid on time that's another story. I thought it was just windies with crappie work that have this trouble but was talking to a good customer today n she's owed over 100k from a biz her company did work for 6 month ago..

It seems to be the culture among people these days.

Guest boarcity

i find that now the recessions over theres not nearly as many bad payers as in the bleaker times . a lot of people were close to the wire then ,or they hung on to their money longer in case they got close to the wire

I've just joined this forum,

I've introduced payments online as well as leaving envelopes for customers who aren't in. Trouble now is its more difficult tracking who's paid because of the options customers have now ie- cash, cheques, online payments.

Still have to collect once a week which sucks!!

I've just joined this forum,

I've introduced payments online as well as leaving envelopes for customers who aren't in. Trouble now is its more difficult tracking who's paid because of the options customers have now ie- cash, cheques, online payments.

Still have to collect once a week which sucks!!

hi mick

get big diary get used to writing everything in prices, addresses , new customers, double payers, anything to do with your business hayho your sorted, works for me

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.