Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook/twitter tips and tricks!

Diwrnach

So I am a bit of a geek, and really wanting to utilize both of these mediums as best I can.

So far doing well on Facebook, and got loads of followers on twitter but not got any work off it yet.

I'll copy/paste a message I just sent to someone asking for Facebook advice, this is what I do, was wondering what you guys do?

Hopefully some of this might be helpful and if not please do offer up any and all advice, tips and tricks on how to use these to get customers!

First off make a business page, put pictures on it etc, make it look good, logo if you have one.

Then spend time trying to find every single selling page you can in your area, I'm on around 15-20 selling pages.

Make yourself an advert, I save it on notepad and just copy/paste it onto the selling pages.

Now this is something most don't do, but is how I find a lot of my customers, top right you have an spy glass/search bar that searches the page, do it regularly, I do it maybe twice a day and search for "window cleaner" you will be surprised how many people go on these pages looking for a window cleaner, I have contacted 5 in the last 3 days, sometimes it can go quiet, sometimes some pages not many ask for them for some reason, guessing that area must be busy already I guess?

Then just abide by the page rules which is usually don't bump more than once every 24 hours, and try and grab everyone who asks for a window cleaner offering your services.

I have only really started doing this in the last few weeks and getting loads of interest from it, quoted 4 new customers last night and got all 4, all of them from facebook /emoticons/smile.png

im going to cane the twitter thang once iv worked out how to get followers in my area

I do it and it gets me a good few jobs. .usually people pee'd off with lazy or permanently absent windie wanting a good one

Yeah that happens quite a lot daveyboy.

As for twitter I have over a 100 followers, but all businesses, not got a single job off it, not sure how to use twitter to get work to be honest.

there must be a way to find local people on twitter [not businesses] , to follow and to then post to

any ideas?

No idea, was hoping someone on here might have a way, I seem to be doing OK with facebook, but getting knowhere with twitter.

have twitter messaged you to invite you to do the paid ads yet? they have me , but im wary that the ads wont be local enough

i had great results initially with the paid facebook ads that pop up in the feed of FB users in my area- but as the months have gone on,got poorer results cos so many different ads pop up that they annoy users

Well, I started to join all the uy sell and business sites in my area and clicked them to join one after the other. I get a block form facebook and a message saying I am resricted from posting or joining groups until 29th Oct. What the hell is that about? says it could be someone found you to be annoying or abusive, lol I have not posted anything only joined some groups, I made an appeal, see what happens. What a joke. So you cna only join a few groups at a time I assume. GRR great start scottie /emoticons/sad.png

just bide your time till after the blocks lifted and join the groups more slowly. its the same as adding friends who arent really your friends,

ur just adding them as a tool ,to later invite them to "like" your business page . add too many all at once and facebook will block you for 2 days, 5 days,30 days or permanently if you are adding tooo many for their liking.

on the subject of adding friends ,the only people really worth adding as friends are if they are in your work area. no point adding pablo in brazil hes never going to have you clean his windows ,nor are his mates,and he might end up clogging up your page selling his tat on your page .

on the buying and selling groups iv found a good tactic is to look for somebody who sells interesting stuff often. "like" their posts and add them as a friend . once they accept strike up a friendship and they may well sell your spiel to all and sundry . iv found one of these ,a lady selling secondhand handbags and other odds n ends . she can sing like a hot canary !

Last edited:
Yeah that happens quite a lot daveyboy.As for twitter I have over a 100 followers, but all businesses, not got a single job off it, not sure how to use twitter to get work to be honest.
have u been invited to a twitter webinar? if so how was it? iv been invited twice and clicked id attend but its been inconvenient timewise as its been at 10 am when im always out working. i really wanted to listen in as the webinar explains how twitter advertising works,

next webinar that crops up i must make an effort to listen in /maybe take the lappy with me in the van that day so i can ask questions. my guess/hope is that if you do the paid advert thang on Twitter,they tweet it to folk in your target area

Last edited:
have u been invited to a twitter webinar? if so how was it? iv been invited twice and clicked id attend but its been inconvenient timewise as its been at 10 am when im always out working. i really wanted to listen in as the webinar explains how twitter advertising works,
next webinar that crops up i must make an effort to listen in /maybe take the lappy with me in the van that day so i can ask questions. my guess/hope is that if you do the paid advert thang on Twitter,they tweet it to folk in your target area
Nope not had that, at least I don't think so, I tend to ignore those kinds of mails lol, I'll have to keep an eye out, my twitter is buzzing with people following on a daily basis, I tweet random stuff every few days, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere?

Hi all, cheers for replies. Boarcity, thanks again for your valued time, It really restores my faith in people when you get folk like you whom really help out a new starter. Its been a struggle to get to where I am, in short was in a major accident and my life has changed somewhat and finally I am getting out to look for work again and leave the office nightmare behind me too. SO your help and advice as others too is so much more thna you think it maybe. THANKS!! I will wait on the FB thing, I appealed but have no option, gutted as found some people wanting window cleans, grrr.. I might get a friend to join and add my deatails on, I am sure thats ok ???? Or will they get a ban lol. I will join just a few each day and make posts at a few at a time, will always be expecting the next ban lol.

Cheers! also twitter, what is the crack with that Diwrnach, how do you promote tweets to all people? can you do that and anyone cna pick it up or is it just to people whom follow you and how do they no our out there. Do not know much about twitter.

heres a little tip on facebook, to get around if you are blocked. with a diffrent email to your normal one create a new profile , just alter your name slightly and BINGO your up and running . i guess you could say its a fake profile ,but what the heck it works

heres a little tip on facebook, to get around if you are blocked. with a diffrent email to your normal one create a new profile , just alter your name slightly and BINGO your up and running . i guess you could say its a fake profile ,but what the heck it works
Ah yes, I will set a new email and then a new facebook account and that way I can join some groups I have not yet and then make posts about window cleaning. Its od why you cna not just post under your business facebook on to groups, or is there a way? Cheers Boarcity:)

Hi all, cheers for replies. Boarcity, thanks again for your valued time, It really restores my faith in people when you get folk like you whom really help out a new starter. Its been a struggle to get to where I am, in short was in a major accident and my life has changed somewhat and finally I am getting out to look for work again and leave the office nightmare behind me too. SO your help and advice as others too is so much more thna you think it maybe. THANKS!! I will wait on the FB thing, I appealed but have no option, gutted as found some people wanting window cleans, grrr.. I might get a friend to join and add my deatails on, I am sure thats ok ???? Or will they get a ban lol. I will join just a few each day and make posts at a few at a time, will always be expecting the next ban lol.
Cheers! also twitter, what is the crack with that Diwrnach, how do you promote tweets to all people? can you do that and anyone cna pick it up or is it just to people whom follow you and how do they no our out there. Do not know much about twitter.
I honestly don't know how to utilise twitter to find work at all to be honest, what I did was search the local areas and add a load of businesses, they in turn followed me and it has gone from there, but it has brought me no work at all, was hoping someone on here might use it and be able to give us all tips /emoticons/smile.png

in my area is a local marketing "guru" who is running 3 hr courses on using twitter for business use- it seems its not dead easy. i will be attending one of these courses a.s.a.p.

Im the same with twitter, I really don't have a clue, I used to advertise on f/b, but don't really need to anymore as close to being fully booked 5 days a week, could do 6 days a week, but really cant be asssed.

i dowmloaded a twitter webinar that i missed as i was working, i will upload it on this thread if i can. i intend studying the twitter advertising thang over the Xmas break when iv time to study it properly . Each year i focus on a diffrent way to advertize,this year its been Facebook, last year fliers and next year itll be Twitter,once i understand it i will cane it hard, starting in January and then all year with no let up .

im not sure who the typical "twitter customer" is, my gut feeling is that theyre a bunch of total wasters hell bent on freebies /loves being taken to court and sharing the drama with a tweet etc, lets hope im wrong on that score

iv also found a local Twitter guru who runs 3 hour classes on milking twitter , i might attend one of her courses

Last edited:
Back