Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dirty bucket water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

at the end of the day, when you tip it away , what does it smell of ?

iv been tippin mine away the same place for 6 years where it runs down a bit of tarmac down to a drain and never gave it any thought till recently i notice that

the grounds absolutely reeking of **** - a sudden thought - is one of my workers peeing in the buckets? why to god would they do that ??

You only use one bucket of water all day?....no wonder it smells :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I was thinking smurf. I change mine at least 3 times a day. It's filthy by 12 and it runs out so needs topping up.

spose everybody works different. i carry 2 buckets in my van and they stay there . those 2 buckets last a full day usually - shared by 4 workers . i must admit they sometimes pen and ink by days end

but not usually of Peepee

So it's now 4 workers between 2 buckets that last a day...:eek:

Surely you must be winding us up as WhyTF would anybody clean windows that way as the water must be rancid? /emoticons/biggrin.png

straight up, the buckets last all day . of course in high summer they dont but as a general rule we leave for work in the morning with 2 full uns and its down to the last couple of inches by days end

Last edited:
I usually change mine every couple of hours even when water looks not too bad. Just I like to keep water fresh and find the water and soap mix can get spent and not be so effective after a while. Not only that this might sound daft but I think when your asking your customers for freshwater it puts across a good message.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

I just use one bucket all day too. I top it up once or twice in the day from outside taps, but that's it. For monthly cleans I find that's fine, but I always change out the water after a first clean.

I just use one bucket all day too. I top it up once or twice in the day from outside taps, but that's it. For monthly cleans I find that's fine, but I always change out the water after a first clean.
Same here...I tend to use the same bucket all day, unless I have had some particularly mucky windows. I can remember when I first started, I used to change my water after each house clean!.

It's not too bad 1 bucket all day as you are always emptying and topping up..but I change whenever it looks dirty but I use plain water so not wasting products

Back