Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did you always love it [cleaning windows]

B

boarcity

right from day 1 i knew i did. even when i was sh/t scared of heights the first 3 months

im asking cos theres a new lad not long set up in my town ,got the van,the Tshirts and all -hes doing it with a mate. i happened to see him tother day and he was telling me hes not sure if its for him. looked cheesed off - i told him just plough on,but he didnt seem convinced

I love it since I was bunking school working for my mates dad

Boar don't tell him to stick at it

Tell him he'll never like it..best give up and give you all his custys..you'll look after them for him

I love it! Why would I spend so much time on a window cleaning forum? Bit sad really /emoticons/biggrin.png I always moan and cuss when I'm working though. Think I'd still do it if I won the lottery, but I'd dump the sh1te jobs.

I love it since I was bunking school working for my mates dad
Boar don't tell him to stick at it

Tell him he'll never like it..best give up and give you all his custys..you'll look after them for him
i was a bit annoyed hes advertizing that he has big plans -will beat any price

seems hes the undercutter! thing is he hasnt a clue, green,

so im forgiving

nontheless if i lose any customers might change my tune

i was a bit annoyed hes advertizing that he has big plans -will beat any price
seems hes the undercutter! thing is he hasnt a clue, green,

so im forgiving

nontheless if i lose any customers might change my tune
P155 in his bucket :laugh:

never really thought about it ...worked from 14 with daddy and so ....its all i have done.....did three years at college and went straight back to it....where else can you get different challenges every day....be your own boss....and of course...your not allowed to be sick as you wont get any money...and you meet such interesting characters(no i didnt say richard) and see all of life before your eyes....i will be doing it till i drop...so...not long now....:rolleyes:

yep some days i lose the will to live but then i can just go home get my feet up have a milky coffee and a fry up and watch...hobsons choice on the tele and it puts everything back into perspective...

I don't like it, never have and probably never will. BUT, its good money the hours are good, only work 3 days so it cant be bad, could not imagine going back to a job for minimum wage.

Boar the guys in the van im assuming is the ones that brought a round off sasha?

That's quite a sad comment Shazzy. I believe everyone should aim to enjoy their work, with window cleaning , I think it's easier to enjoy than other jobs out there by far. Not sure I would continue if I won the lottery though Tuffers, the ladders might scratch the Ferrari!

If he hate it now Boar, he'll hate it even more when he's undercut everyone. He'll be working lots for not a lot of money. I can't stand people that undercut an honest price. Its just so short sighted.

Back to the original question, I was a bit nervous up a ladder in the early days, but it soon fades. I think if you are not a bit nervous up a ladder then it means you are not aware of all the things that can (and do) go wrong- 'ignorance is bliss' as they say.

the work is so much easy now, was hard when I first started getting the work in, **** work to start with

but it gets easy better work more experience making more money.

this is now the best job i,ve had enjoy it the most

I don't get nervous up a ladder tolish..but I make all attempts to make the job as safe as possible before I go up it..probably am nervous subconsciously as we all have an inbuilt instinct for survival but I don't feel it

I don't get nervous up a ladder tolish..but I make all attempts to make the job as safe as possible before I go up it..probably am nervous subconsciously as we all have an inbuilt instinct for survival but I don't feel it
Maybe cautious would have been a better choice of word.

So far so good. I've had many **** jobs though, everything is relative.

Work at your own pace for decent money, get to mess around with tools a bit.

The main thing is though, that every month 'your business is moving forward'. And that feeling is ******* marvellous.

I know what you mean tolish..you would have to be an idiot not to be cautious to a degree

I left my job when I was 21, 22 year old after working for a company fitting bedroom furnitune all over london,

I hated it mostly cos of my ex boss I use to work for, for five long years! How i never smash his face in after all those years I use to work for him I'll never know.

One day I just said f##k it and walk out. It was the best thing I've ever done, looking back I kinda wish I started windows cleaning business as soon I left school back then.

There are loads of downside to being a window cleaner but heck I love my job and consider myself lucky.

when the weather is right

gd work

gd pricing

bingo your sorted

nearly forgot when the sandwiches is bang on and flask ( being organised does help }

Back