Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carbon gutter poles?

Neil

Am looking to upgrade to carbon fibre gutter poles but don't want to spend thousands lol, looking for really lightweight ones, anyone got any links or actually using carbon poles for gutter cleaning to see how light and good they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use aerospace grade t1 ali poles from omni that are not particularly lightweight but are very robust as have taken loads of abuse. Maybe if I did loads of 3 storey work then I would contemplate getting carbon poles instead to make the job a bit easier. However being carbon I would not expect them to last very long compared to the ones I use now.

There are a few suppliers selling hybrid or full carbon guttervac poles which you can find info on the net. Some maybe cheaper than others but I suppose that's down to the quality and material of the pole also suppliers markup so who knows which ones are best.:rolleyes:

You see gutters that are set back on the roof on a loft conversion ? How would you get to them smurf? I've had one and it's sooo difficult to try and get the pole up and at the angle to get to to them

On really awkward bits of a property to save struggling I tend to use a ladder as a fulcrum to take the weight of the pole.

This pic give you the general idea what I'm on about

View attachment 2986

If it's a two storey home with dormer windows set back in the roof I can use the same principle if need be but I would check the guttering first with a guttercam to see if they need doing or not as most of the time they are clear.

Still very awkward I bet with heavy poles smurf , your right though a camera comes in handy for that sort of thing

Carbon guttervac poles would be easier to use for sure on 3 storey and/or on acute angles but I'm not convinced they would last me very long at all. I still might get at set to try them out though.

Interesting to note that ppl use to buy gardiner wfp base sections a while ago then alex started supplying grippamax with carbon guttervac poles but he don't sell them himself.

http://www.grippatank.co.uk/vacuum/high-level-vacuum-poles-kits-spares/carbon-poles-upto-60ft.html

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hM0iCmAgz0[/media]

I would not be without my gopro camera now as saves me loads of time/hassle checking gutters on quotes and actually doing a guttervac job.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting vid as includes some tips on how to use a guttervac.

[media]

[/media]

This is an interesting vid as includes some tips on how to use a guttervac.
[media]

Would love to have a sky vac but paying £2500 for the kit is ridiculous!!!!

Carbon guttervac poles would be easier to use for sure on 3 storey and/or on acute angles but I'm not convinced they would last me very long at all. I still might get at set to try them out though.
Interesting to note that ppl use to buy gardiner wfp base sections a while ago then alex started supplying grippamax with carbon guttervac poles but he don't sell them himself.

http://www.grippatank.co.uk/vacuum/high-level-vacuum-poles-kits-spares/carbon-poles-upto-60ft.html

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hM0iCmAgz0[/media]

I would not be without my gopro camera now as saves me loads of time/hassle checking gutters on quotes and actually doing a guttervac job.
The grippamax ones are a good price I think , omnipole sell them a £100 a section plus vat that's the cheapest I have found so far

Are there any discounts on the grippamax gutter carbon poles that anyone knows of? E.g forum member or anything like that lol

Are there any discounts on the grippamax gutter carbon poles that anyone knows of? E.g forum member or anything like that lol

@Gav

If the prices for grippamax poles are anything like the prices they quote for installing a hot water system then you'll pay through the nose !

First post got to start somewhere!

Smurf how are ya? Remember me?!

Now to the point....

If you do gutter vac work get carbon poles. I first had omni alloy poles and using carbon poles makes sooooo much difference

Don't buy skyvac they are **** got through a set in a year with many many repairs.....

I now have the gardiner poles from grippatank and they are brilliant. Even if I break them I will just keep replacing them as I would never go back to alloy, it's just back breaking. I first had an alloy wfp from omni and when I went to carbon I was like why didn't I do this sooner....

Tip: If you order the poles direct from gardiner and buy more than 3 they give quite a discount, if only I knew that before I ordered from grippatank!

First post got to start somewhere!
Smurf how are ya? Remember me?!

Now to the point....

If you do gutter vac work get carbon poles. I first had omni alloy poles and using carbon poles makes sooooo much difference

Don't buy skyvac they are **** got through a set in a year with many many repairs.....

I now have the gardiner poles from grippatank and they are brilliant. Even if I break them I will just keep replacing them as I would never go back to alloy, it's just back breaking. I first had an alloy wfp from omni and when I went to carbon I was like why didn't I do this sooner....

Tip: If you order the poles direct from gardiner and buy more than 3 they give quite a discount, if only I knew that before I ordered from grippatank!
How much you pay for them rascal and at what height?

How much you pay for them rascal and at what height?
It was about £610 for 5 x 6ft, one lightweight tool and a holdall for the poles. I think you can get just the poles from gardiner for about £500. It's not an offer they advertise anywhere....

All good smurf. Went over to the acs forum the other day, it's like a morgue over there these days?!
Wow what happened. Not been their for some time. Just popped over for a nosy, it's pretty darn quiet!

I think a nice sale to me and a merge of the forum to this one would fix it nicely! :666:

That's the trouble with forums as one min they seem to be busy and the next they seemed to have died a death.

All good smurf. Went over to the acs forum the other day, it's like a morgue over there these days?!

Back