Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter and fascia cleaning. how do you do yours?

AJ windows

I've done a few of these over the last few weeks on houses using my brush and pole system. Then drying down by putting a cloth over my brush. I've also seen people mention pressure wAshing them with an extended lance, but couldn't find any on search. So thought i'd ask what method you guys use.

Same as you aj! Except i do not use a cloth just my brush with the water off to get rid of any grotty drips /emoticons/biggrin.png

^^^ same, plus a pre-treatment of diluted Virosol if they are really green. If tiger stripes are visible, I'll get a magic sponge with neat Virosol or PVC cream cleaner on it.

Pressure washer or ladders and cloths..depends how big a job..the old ways still work

The old ways still work alright Davey but the old ways take three times longer and are three times less profitable!

All depends how bad they are I suppose as you are not going to get the same results using a washer than you would say restoring badly stained plastics by hand. I know this from first hand that's was why I bought a power lance in the first place but found it to be useless on certain jobs. Can also cause damage to plastics, joints, force water into the loft space and not to mention bloody heavy/whipy to uses. Customers also don't like me blasting the **** out of their homes /emoticons/biggrin.png

The old ways still work alright Davey but the old ways take three times longer and are three times less profitable!

I find spraying TFR on the really filthy fascias , quick scrub with a Viking brush, then pressure washing off does the trick!

Of course the removal of tiger stripes is extra! A lot extra!!!!!!!

Half a job /emoticons/biggrin.png

So whilst you are on a job when it don't come clean using your washer to the standard the customer expects do you then say it will cost them more to get rid of the tiger strip staining?:rolleyes:

I find spraying TFR on the really filthy fascias , quick scrub with a Viking brush, then pressure washing off does the trick!Of course the removal of tiger stripes is extra! A lot extra!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Half a job /emoticons/biggrin.png
So whilst you are on a job when it don't come clean using your washer to the standard the customer expects do you then say it will cost them more to get rid of the tiger strip staining?:rolleyes:
Yeah, but you don't know if tiger stripes will come off with a brush until you tackle them. On fascias they only show up where the bracket is.

Think I'm waffling on here.....:laugh:

Agree about not knowing if tiger stripes will come off with a wfp brush or washer but most don't without using other cleaning methods. Disagree about tiger strips only being below the brackets which is the most common place but I've cleaned many fascias with staining all along them. /emoticons/tongue.png

Yeah, but you don't know if tiger stripes will come off with a brush until you tackle them. On fascias they only show up where the bracket is.
Think I'm waffling on here.....:laugh:

Agree about not knowing if tiger stripes will come off with a wfp brush or washer but most don't without using other cleaning methods. Disagree about tiger strips only being below the brackets which is the most common place but I've cleaned many fascias with staining all along them. /emoticons/tongue.png
Yes, meant to say that the most common place on a fascia for tiger stripes is where the gutter bracket is.

So chaps how do you go about trying to get tiger strips off fascias where you can't get to them by ladder like say above a conservatory?

I suppose you could always say sorry the plastics are too dirty so best get them replaced :rolleyes:

I usually explain that sometimes they are so stained you can't get it off, everyone has been happy with that so far.

I find my long pressure washing lance works a treat on most, those that don't just need a bit of water and a good brushing, then use long reach lance.

Worked for me so far, but I am getting a wfp next week, so will give that a go, thinking I will get a second brush for it to use to apply chemicals if needed, then maybe pressure wash it off or wfp it off.

Mind you it's bloody hard work when trying to scrub fascias above a conservatory with a scrub pad on a pole but it's still doable.

Latest Posts

Back